Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standby and new modem problems | please help

• 28-07-2003 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

When I leave my computer go on standby and come back after a while I press the power button to wake it up and, all that appears is a grey monitor.I then have to proceed to restart my computer.This is really beginning to annoy me as I never turn it off really, its almost always n standby.Does anyone know what this problem could be or will I just run a system restore?

Another problem I am having which seems to be related, is my new Creative serial modem, after I have this problem on standby and restart my computer, the new modem is not installed anymore.I go to my dial up con properties and only my the winmodem is listed.
    So everytime I restart the comp after being in standby I have to reinstall my modem.Can anyone help?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

did these standby problems start after you installed the new modem?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Virus_Inc

The standby bug is usually caused by a conflict between the BIOS & operating system power management. So either turn off the ACPI power management in the bios or disable the ACPI features in windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Chowley

I havent changed power management settings at all.
    Strange thing I cant access my BIOS I have tried Del, Delete and some other button combintions on the IBM site but nothing has worked.
    I just did a system restore last night and it seems to have worked.

Modem problem is still going, I restarted my computer about 1/2 an hour ago and the modem dissapeared again , I just had to reinstall it its really pissing me off now.

Advertisement