Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

keys locked in car

Options
  • 29-07-2003 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭

Just got into work and am after locking the keys in the car. :mad:
    The car is a 94 corolla. Does anyone have any advice on how to open the car??

Any advicer greatly appreciated,

thanks,
    king

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Smash the window.

But seriously, are you a member of the AA?
    If so, give 'em a call.
    Or, if a colleague is a member ask them can they call and say it's their car. AA membership is not car specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I used to work in a car-pieces shop (motor store)and
    we'd usually get 2-3 people a week coming in and asking have we got some kind of universal car-opener !! and I'm serious!

But usually the best thing is a coat hanger .. or ask a garda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Remove the rubber frame at the bottom of the window and start fishing with a coat hunger to pull the lock up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

See if you can find a local scumbag!
    Problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

First question have you checked the boot? If its open you might be able to push the rear seat down....otherwise its the stiff wire/coat hanger approach as described above...In the old days cars had opening quaterlights which were great for this sort of emergency!

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

U fool. U stoopid stoopid fool.

Im afraid you`ll have to leave the car then till u find a spare key, or if u dont have 1, u`ll just have to say goodbye and let the car pound take it away for scrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by rander00
    u`ll just have to say goodbye and let the car pound take it away for scrap.
    I suspect somehow that it won't come to that. Even if it was that bad, have you heard of the concept of breaking windows rander?

Incidentally, with a 94 COrolla he handiest way to get in is by lifting the rubber at the bottom of the window and using the coathanger hook trick to lift the lever below. Should take about 5 minutes (or 20 if you're me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 speedyboy

Theres a small tool that break down mechanics use that can open the car without damage. It would be cheaper and more convenient to call them than to smash glass.

I know some Ireland assist lads that use it regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

My sister's Fiesta won't allow you shut the driver's (only) door without a key, or from the inside. It makes it nigh impossible to accidentally lock your keys in the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

We care Victor, we really do.

Alot of car models with central locking have crash systems installed - where if you hit the bumber hard enough the car would think you where in a crash and automaticly unlock all the doors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

The hanger trick always works if not get someone to pill the top of the door open slightly and heat a hanger up with a lighter enough fo it to stick to the door lock to pull it up never fails

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Surely you got a spare set of keys with the car? If they're at home or wherever could you not either:

a) get a lift/taxi/bus there and bring them back
    b) get someone to drop them in to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

smash teh winda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by sceptre
    Incidentally, with a 94 COrolla he handiest way to get in is by lifting the rubber at the bottom of the window and using the coathanger hook trick to lift the lever below. Should take about 5 minutes (or 20 if you're me)
    Not only are you a self confessed carjacker, you are a self confessed bad carjacker :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Barry Aldwell
    Not only are you a self confessed carjacker, you are a self confessed bad carjacker :D
    :D
    My father's had various Corollas since 1991. In these click-the-button days it's harder to lock the keys in but it wasn't always so. I'm a terribly bad carjacker.

Advertisement