Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ping Monitoring Utility

Options
  • 29-07-2003 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I want to monitor a wireless WAN connection. The easist way to to this would be to ping a host on the far side. Easily enough done. Is there a simple utility that would ping a host constantly, and log it's results? Idealy it could alert me via E-Mail or Messenger that the link has times out? I'm currently using ping -t, and downloading a few apps to see if they do what I want, but I'm assuming one you you guys/gals is already doing this.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

pingplotter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Originally posted by ando
    pingplotter

Very handy...
    If you need to receive alerts etc., you would have to look at one of the monitoring services available online. Generally they base their costing around the frequency of ping and the chosen method of receiving the alert. Email is usually free, but SMS will cost you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

This is off topic but ...
    Is this the link that was mentioned in the last couple of week ... over 15kms (or something like that) ... what method / equipment did you settle for in the end?

eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Originally posted by blacknight
    eh?
    I thought it was Jaden who was talking about a LONG wireless link .. he wanted opinions about equipment to do it ... just wondering what he finished up with ..:confused:

• Advertisement

Ah! I didn't see that thread

Advertisement