Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat had kittens

Options
  • 29-07-2003 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

my cat has just had 4 kittens
    and Im not sure what to do ?????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Bit late now to teach your cat the facts of life and all about contraception etc. May I suggest a plastic bag and a river? Of course there's also the less drastic adoption route, just make sure the kittens are old enough to leave their mother first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

May I suggest a plastic bag and a river?
    :confused: Excellent suggestion But not what i was looking for .
    we are keeping the cats well one of them anyway the rest are to be given away.

But What should we feed them after they have come away from the mothers milk and how long do we have to keep them before we can give them away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

You need to leave them with the mother for 8-10 weeks, (Def no less than 8!).
    The mother will wean them off her milk herself when the time is right. You will need to feed them a special kitten food like whiskas kitten for example, you can get it in any supermarket.

Bear in mind, while she is still feeding them her milk, u need to make sure you giver her DOUBLE the amount of her normal cat food and she will eat all she needs.

Keeping them with her long enuf is VITAL otherwise u will end up with kittens with a very bad immune system and stomach problems.

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Cheers Dawn for the info

and I there is Still no joy on that tank as of yet as i got a new set up and i need it for the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Bit late now to teach your cat the facts of life and all about contraception etc. May I suggest a plastic bag and a river?

Not funny... you're BOLD. Kittens are wonderful fluffy things to be loved by all.

the Guru, dawntreader's advice covers it all. When the time comes that the kittens are ready to go, post up the details here in case anyone is interested in providing a home for one (or more) of them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

pats his stomach homer simpson style ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

GURU,
    (NP re tank).
    WHen they r ready to go, we *might* be able to take one off ur hands. No promises, depends on lotsa stuff, but maybe :)

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Good luck finding homes for the kittens, teach them to go to the loo inthe flower bed(outside) and it will be easier to get them homes.What colours are they.And some advice get your cat spayed there is already enough unwanted cats and kittens and the same goes for dogs!.The fun will start when they fing out they have claws andas a result climbs curtains or legs.lol

Advertisement