Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera Obscura

Options
  • 29-07-2003 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭

The Belle and Sebastian fans amongst you might be interested in this.

Camera Obscura
    The Sugar Club
    September 17th
    Dancin' til late

Camera Obscura
    ‘Teenager’
    Out August 4th 2003 on Elefant Records
    Distributed by Shellshock
    ER352 - CD

CAMERA OBSCURA ARE TRYING HARDER WITH THEIR NEW SINGLE

CAMERA OBSCURA will release their new single “Teenager” on Elefant Records on 4. August 2003. The single will be followed by the album “Underachievers Please Try Harder”, to be released on 25. August 2003. The album was recorded at CaVa Studios in Glasgow by Geoff Allan, who previously worked with Arab Strap, Mogwai and Teenage Fanclub.

Camera Obscura have signed to the Spanish indie label Elefant Records after the success of their debut album “Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi” in Spain. They will play at the Benicassim Festival in Spain alongside acts like Blur, Badly Drawn Boy, Placebo and Travis on 9. August 2003.

To promote these releases in the UK, the band will play Norwich Arts Centre on 22. September and London’s Water Rats on 23. and 24. September. Further dates of the UK tour are to include Leeds, Manchester and Glasgow.

Camera Obscura are a 7-piece from Glasgow. They play country-tinged pop reminiscent of The Lovin’ Spoonful and the gentler moments of Yo La Tengo. Camera Obscura have released one album “Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi” and three singles to date: ‘Park and Ride’, ‘Your Sound’ and ‘Eighties Fan’. Videos have been broadcast on MTV and BBC Choice.

Camera Obscura have played live sessions on the John Peel Show (BBC Radio 1) and Air (BBC Radio Scotland). Their last single ‘Eighties Fan’, produced by Stuart Murdoch from Belle & Sebastian, was chosen as ‘Single of the Month’ by the Record Collector. It was playlisted on XFM and picked up repeat plays from Steve Lamacq, John Peel and numerous regional stations. The album was chosen “Album of the Week” by Rough Trade and XFM.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Did i hear someone say belle and sebsatian?
    anyway, i think i'll be going to that, anything Stuart Murdoch is involved is good in my book (yes i do accually have a book).

now i shall go forth and find there website to see if i can listen to any of there music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pearl

Quel coinsidence. I'm on the Elefant mailing list
    http://www.elefant.com/index.html and was just reading about them. I will be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

thanks pearl i was just off looking around for that website, in fact i came back to post again asking if anyone knew it, it's not easy to find

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nonemoreblack

It sounds like Camera Obscura have improved a lot since their early days.

Saw one of their first ever gigs supporting Snow Patrol about 4 years ago in Glasgow,I was bored..

Might just check them out though on the new(and hopefully improved) Sugarclub sound system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

hup!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

and one more time!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭joss

Band's site is at http://www.camera-obscura.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

mostly,ambient music of that genre is drivel, but i must fess that i love those guys.

i got pen and notebook and one other song from their site and spent ages ust listening to the samples over and over...

other indie bands take note (and then quit, cos you will never be this good!)

Advertisement