Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glenn Crowe to become first Eircom League million transfer

• 29-07-2003 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Don't know how true this is, just received it in an email - I suspect it's a wind-up considering the clubs mentioned are Spurs and Chelski.
    Bohemians striker Glen Crowe has been linked with a sensational transfer to Chelsea in the English Premiership. New Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has indicated his interest in the player whom many believe could make a huge impact in the Premiership. It is believed that a bid over around 1.25million Euro is on the table, making Crowe the first player to be transferred from an Irish league side for more than a million. If the deal goes through, it will allow Bohemians to renovate their delapidated Dalymount ground.

Spurs are also remoured to be interested, after Chris Hughton gave the club a glowing report of the striker, having seen him first hand while the two were on duty with the Republic. If Crowe was to join Spurs, he would link up with fellow international strikers Robbie Keane and Gary Doherty, although the latter has intimated that he wishes to concentrate on defensive duties for the coming season.

Crowe made his senior début with Wolves and scored in his first full game away to Charlton in May 1996. He also played with Cardiff City, Exeter City, and Plymouth Argyle before returning to Dublin with Bohs in the summer of 1999. The Dubliner won his first senior cap for the Republic of Ireland against Greece in the scoreless draw in Athens last November and came on as a late sub in the win over Norway in April. The Premier Division’s top scorer the past three seasons - he’s scored 72 goals in his 115 League appearances for the club before the start of this season.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Deadly, that will more than make up for the Chelsea fans missing out on Raul and Henry.....

Do you know the word gullible isn't in the english dictionary? Go on, look it up, its true!

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

lol Brilliant! April fools come early (or late)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

You never know,fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I can't see any of that being through especially with Chelsea now in the race for Samuel Eto'o. Although it would be fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I think http://www.football-rumours.com is the source for this, so you can definitely call it a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by irish1
    I think http://www.football-rumours.com is the source for this, so you can definitely call it a joke.
    Yes it is. It is listed under dodgy rumors on July 22. Wouldn't it be great though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

It originated from p45rant.com

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Did he move back to Ireland because of homesickness or something? I think I read that somewhere so I'd doubt if he will be going anywhere outside Ireland, tbh. But you'd never know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

He moved back to Ireland from a crap 3rd division team...

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by Seaneh
    He moved back to Ireland from a crap 3rd division team...
    Possibly... Still, I wouldn't like the fact that if he does go to another country, because it wouldn't be the right way for Bohs or the EL to go. They need their best players to stay in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

http://www.breakingnews.ie/story.asp?j=5830218&p=583xz7z&n=5830332&x=
    Bohemians have denied reports that they have agreed to sell Irish international Glen Crowe to British Premiership club Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

lol this gets even better! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

ROFLOL

this is like that time the guys started a rumour about a coffee workers strike and the coffee beans prices crashed!!!

Lets keep the rumour going and see if we can get him transferred...

after that lets seee if we can get David Kelly to join him.

Advertisement