Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Corsa bodykits

Options
  • 29-07-2003 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

hey everyone!

just wondering does anyone know of any site which may feature bodykits for an Opel Corsa (yr 2000). I dont want to get a Combat kit as this has been done to death!

thanks in advance!

Mike

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

There is a new kit called Cobra.
    Try www.carzonespecials.co.uk

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

A bodykit won't hide the fact that you are still driving a corsa!
    Don't forget the mandatory Wavin Pipe Exhaust :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Keith@modified

Right Sound_wave drives a corsa what do u drive?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

An e30 bmw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

I will forever hate corsas because of the amount of retards who put on crap bodykits, wheels that are too wide, no fear stickers, and the aforementioned wavin pipe exhaust on corsas. Particularly older corsas, puffing out blue smoke. If you want a cheap hot hatch, get an old 205/golf mk2

I drive a 406.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

not for me! for my bro! i wouldnt be caught dead in one for christ sake! :D

i got a much more respectible VW polo! which i gotta get serviced! sucking the money outt me so it is!

anymore sites?

Dunno bout a Polo being "much more respectible" . Maybe more respectible because more 40+ people drive them. Definitly not more respectible as a car. :P

Here's a few pics of my Corsa ...

http://www.modified-irl.com/corsa1.jpg

http://www.modified-irl.com/corsa2.jpg

Tell him to get onto corsasport.co.uk its the best corsa site on the web for info an the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Keith thats fairly tastefully modified ok, hopefully no stickers in the back window. I'd agree that the polo is a bit of an old persons car, unless you go for the g40 or gti. Golf is a much better bet. Please refrain from using exclamation marks at the end of every sentence sound_wave, unless you are content to sound like a six year old.

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by Keith@modified
    Dunno bout a Polo being "much more respectible" . Maybe more respectible because more 40+ people drive them. Definitly not more respectible as a car. :P

Here's a few pics of my Corsa ...

http://www.modified-irl.com/corsa1.jpg

http://www.modified-irl.com/corsa2.jpg

Tell him to get onto corsasport.co.uk its the best corsa site on the web for info an the car.

I take it you don't take it on country roads with wheels like that!

Belive it or not, it spends alot of time on country roads.

Had 1 incident about 6 months ago when the girlfriend was driving it and hit a crater . It blew the tyre and left a hefty dent in one of the wheels. Luckily enough the wheel was repairable.

Have hit manys the pothole though and it hasn't damaged them the Kahn's r very strong and well made. I'd say the replicas would have ended up in dust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

the honda civic type r will always rule the hot hatches!!!! why spend loadsa money on a corsa instead of savin and buying something a little more individual?

In my opinion the Civic is far from individual. I have seen alot of the new shape Civics that are either Type-R's (which I doubt) or body-kitted versions.

I dont disagree entirly with your comment but I think to be individual nowadays you would have to go spending mental money on a modifing.

Dont get me wrong I would give a bollok for a Type-R regardless of it's individuality but I have seen 20x more Type-R kitted Civics then a corsa's like mine.

Dont get me wrong I would give a bollok for a Type-R regardless of it's individuality but I have seen 20x more Type-R kitted Civics then a corsa's like mine.

what!!!!? every ass hole who thinks hes the man drivin with his windows down and six chumps hangin out the windows, has a "modded" corsa. the type r is the kinda cat that would be worthwile modding, since its very fast and cool lookin to begin with, no point in buyin a 5 year old car and pumpin money into the thing so you will look like every other "boy racer" in the country.

sorry to go of in one, but theyre up and down the country road next to me, some dicks decided it would be funny to stop their car in our drive and spin up stones and dust everywhere. i hate the look of them and their exhausts with holes cut in them.

Originally posted by weemcd
    the honda civic type r will always rule the hot hatches!!!! why spend loadsa money on a corsa instead of savin and buying something a little more individual?

Dunno if you read your own post or took the time to read mine.

"a little more individual" - that is what I based my post on.

Correct me if im wrong aswell.. The Honda Civic is "THE" choice of the "Boy Racer". There are more modified Honda Civics on the roads of this country then any other car.

Granted these may not be Type-R's but who's to know whats under the bonnet. The new Civic will become no doubt as popular with "Boy Racers" as did the previous models.

It is also unfair to tar everyone with the same brush. I would not consider myself a "Boy Racer" . I dont drive like a clown or try and spray stones at other cars or anything like that. I bought my car when it was a little over 6 months old and have done these few bits over that time. I will do a couple more thing to it before im finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Civics are the most common car to be modded and I know at least 4 new shape civics just kitted to look like the type R around Galway city. Civics are not individual, ok the new ones are not that common just yet in the modding game but give it a year or two and it will be.

I went for a car that was never offically sold over here to be individual and hey there are only 2 of them in Ireland so most folks dont even know what they are ;). Its a street sleeper to coin a phrase.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

try www.apsmotorsport.com

There based in kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

i cant understand why someone would want to buy a corsa and do it up to look like a bloody christmas tree... seriously it doesnt look cool.... it is pretty sh1t looking.....

why not put the extra money that you put out on crap bodykits and buy a better car????

nothing wrong with owning a corsa, but for gods sake if you buy a corsa dont try and make it into something that it is not...... ITS A CORSA....

it does not look cool.... seriously behind those tinted windows and nodding dogs, you are being laughed at......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I agree, very not cool.

Third_Echelon this must be the first time ive ever agreed with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

Making a bad car even worse. Same with all modfieds.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by weemcd
    Third_Echelon this must be the first time ive ever agreed with you!

there is just some things that have to be agreed on.....

true, a corsa is always a corsa, tinted windows or a spoiler will never change that, a civic type r can be a boy racer car, because it has the speed and looks to be one. typical example of a boy racer i saw in the auto traider a pugeot 105 for £4,000 it was overe 10 years old!!! stupid bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Originally posted by Corega
    Making a bad car even worse. Same with all modfieds.

Yea talk about a small mind... not every modified car is a bad car and not all mods dont make the car worse. Take a look around at some of the sites and you will see some very tasty cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Children, Children! :D Bodykits are pretty naff no matter what they adorn, the best one can do is tart your car up in a subtle fashion. No stickers, no 4/5 inch exhaust pipes no massive rear spoiler (like I saw on a 1990 1.1 Feista last week) and deffo no Furry Dice!

Ps I have a 1996 1.2 Corsa for sale.....
    http://community.webshots.com/s/image6/3/79/60/78137960CJhAvH_ph.jpg

Mike.

Its each to their own I reckon. I can agree that 95% of modified cars are badly done.

As for bodykits and spoilers and big alloy wheels.......

Optional extars on cars today include Spoilers , Alloys , Bodykits, and upgraded ICE.

I take it if yez were to buy a new STi Impreza that you'd ask for it without the bodykit, spoiler and wheels.

Dont give me any of this B.S , "Yea but a Impreza has the power to match the looks" etc . Alot of people taht drive the likes of a Corsa are young. Therefore being screwed with insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

Dont give me any of this B.S , "Yea but a Impreza has the power to match the looks" etc .
    No, I will give you that BS(!). The big wheels and spoilers are not out of place here for that very reason - its looks signify its purpose and potential.
    Alot of people taht drive the likes of a Corsa are young. Therefore being screwed with insurance.
    Irrelevant! If you drive a car with a meagre engine, what's the point of making it look like it has pretentions of being able to go like stink? I'd be very embarassed to drive a car that was "all show, and no go". Seems to me like most kids these days want to drive sheep in wolves' clothings, rather than the other way around!
    Myself, I'd rather stick a 400HP superblock v8 in a brown and mustard Austin Allegro - that'd suprise the hell out of a few of you corsa feckers at the lights!

Its each to their own I reckon. I can agree that 95% of modified cars are badly done.

As for bodykits and spoilers and big alloy wheels.......

Optional extars on cars today include Spoilers , Alloys , Bodykits, and upgraded ICE.

I take it if yez were to buy a new STi Impreza that you'd ask for it without the bodykit, spoiler and wheels.

Dont give me any of this B.S , "Yea but a Impreza has the power to match the looks" etc . Alot of people taht drive the likes of a Corsa are young. Therefore being screwed with insurance.

have to agree that the vast majority of mods are pretty bad....

but as someone else said previously, i think subtlety is the key...

cars like the Impreza suit the bodykits and all that jazz because it is a sports car...

cars like the ford focus and the VW Golf look superb with the extras that you get with the high-spec models direct from the garage.... but some of the 'home-jobs' look a bit disasterous to be fair, and take away from the car....

but everyone to their own i guess..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

All these Corsas & Micra's done up to the the always make me laugh.
    And the drivers who are sitting so far back they're nearly in the boot (with their fetching seatbelt covers) *think* they're in a more powerful & stable car (because it looks like it is), and so drive it too close to it's limits (which are very low)
    YOU'RE DRIVING A MICRA, GET OVER IT!

Mutton dressed as lamb, that's all they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Buy an Audi A8 quattro, a nice set of 19's, and some nitrous for the laugh.

mmm audi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Duritz

Putting a kit on a corsa is just changing the looks, not trying to say it has a turbo. If he dont like the way his standard car looks then let him put a kit on it.

Just because he has a kit on it, doesnt mean he is a boyracer, i know what you all mean........"viper stripes" and cherrybomb exhausts...but look at the pics of that car...it looks original and doesnt have a stick on fuel cap or Venoms etc.

After seeing the pics, thats one corsa that wouldnt make me laugh, it has been modified tastefully. If i saw that, i wouldnt think that he was trying to imply he has a 3L twin turbo in it, it would just mean he got bored of the car in standard form.

For all we know he could have the 1.6GSi under the bonnet, that would smoke alot of cars out there. If you have ever been in/seen a 1.6GSi Corsa ripping around you wouldnt be slaggin him!!! Its a quick yoke to go.

Maybe it is a 1L he has, but saying "save money and buy a better car" is BS because the insurance/tax will go up, and maybe THATS what he couldnt afford. Looks AND performance dont have to go together...who said they did? Why does pèrformance HAVE to back up looks...its bull!

Advertisement