Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Corsa bodykits

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Try this guy www.autosport.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

whatever about modified Corsas, modified Micras are a complete disaster. Especially when you see them with huge exhausts and airplace tailfin on the back for a spoiler. Muppets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

Ok, for anyone who isn't convinced yet that modifying a car your gran would probably drive isn't for twats, go here and scroll to the near the bottom of the page to the section entitled "Oi Mate, your car's SH1T!".

Here's an example of one of the tasteful mods that this guy has documented:
    nicecar.jpg

In fairness, maybe these guys spent less on their "mods" than you might have, but I've pigeon-holed you all in the same category. Millions of other motorists have too. So ask yourself this simple question - why?.

Seriously - re-examine your reasons for doing it - because if it is to impress us, it is having the complete opposite effect.

[I have edited the image link to display a picture of another "modded" car documented on the website I quoted to hopefully give a better indication of the type of thing you will see there (see gs39t's comment below)]

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

Much as i dislike modified cars, i really dont see anything 'wrong' with that fiesta. Looks more like a car thats being restored to me :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

Originally posted by gs39t
    Much as i dislike modified cars, i really dont see anything 'wrong' with that fiesta. Looks more like a car thats being restored to me :confused:
    Ok, you obviously didn't go to the site I linked to to read the description and put it into context along with the other pictures there.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

First up on the site comes this luuurvely example! This complete turd used to park opposite my old house and it was a never ending joy every Saturday waiting for him to come round so that we could marvel at the latest improvements! It started off white, progressed to filler and yellow paint and then once the bumpers were skilfully removed it was daubed a delightful shade of primer grey

OK, maybe its just me, but isnt that usually the route you take when restoring a car?

I wasnt raining on your parade, just saying that car doesnt look any way modified to me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Duritz

the car u have there is Photoshop'd now...the only modifying done to that was using the computer. this can be seen in the line in the bonnet, the end of the black segment, and the roof.

corsa1.jpg

Whats wrong with that? It looks better then standard corsa's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

have to agree i don't really like modded cars especially if they don't have the performance to match but the car above looks like its been done well and doesn't appear tacky to me imho.

looks good.

• Advertisement

I dont think theres anything wrong modifying a 1ltr corsa...so what, you want it to look different, end of story.

Modifying 1.6 imprezza to look like an Sti, thats different, its claiming you have something you dont. I dont like that. Thats when the performance issue comes into it.

But just throwing a bodykit on a corsa isnt claiming to have a powerful car, its a sign that the owner is tired of the standard form.

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

the boy racers muppets who modify their cars thinking their flying a jet and cruise around blasting their sh1te music out of overtinted windows and looking like complete pratts have ruined the art of Car Modification for the normal people because of peoples perception of modified cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

gaymicra1.jpg

gaymicra2.jpg

Sad, sad little boy racers.

I'd agree there. Not with the corsa though. They wont take too kindly to u putting their reg's up on the site though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Originally posted by ColinM

Seriously - re-examine your reasons for doing it - because if it is to impress us, it is having the complete opposite effect.

ColinM i dont think anybody would do up their car in an effort to impress an ignorant narrow-minded person!
    And ask youself why do Goths wear white make-up and black eye shadow? Hardly to impress the general public, so why dont you start up a thread ridiculing them?

And if you dont like Corsa's heres 11616 that do!@corsasport.co.uk

by the way i dont own, drive or have an interest in moded cars i simply think your being too critical!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Originally posted by Sundy

And ask youself why do Goths wear white make-up and black eye shadow?

to be noticed, and to claim to be al alte4rnative, even though, goths and skaters are main stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

exactly the same reason that lads and girls change their cars and theirs nothing wrong whit it. In fact some of them are quite tastefull and i wouldnt mind a DVD and a PS2 in my car!

Although there are some real dodgy ones around like thse ones in the pics especially the viper stripes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 greenday chick

how hard is it to understand, its a hobby some ppl have! i dont have my car looking the way it is so ppl will think its a 206 gti or anything of the sort.

i know its a 1.1..im a young driver, cant afford the insurance and besides whats the point in having all the performance if u can only use it on track days???

we want to change are cars. we are part of a very large community, some ppl like music/sport, we like modifying cars!

get over it we are not girl/boy racers, we are car modders.

so tell me whats ur problem if this is how i want my car to look?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

if its done well it does make a car seem a lot better

go to www.kingdom-developments.com

its got some good enough mods

Advertisement