Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question regarding DVD+/- RW media

• 29-07-2003 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

Just purchased a pionneer ao6 DVD rw, and i was wondering, if i burn a DVD R can it be read in any DVD player.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

depending on the media type

and the dvd player..

check on the net

regarding ur standalone player

what it can read and what i cant.

dvd-r is very compatible in my experience

but then again..

always seen standalone dvd's that could read dvd-r
    from spec in manual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

DVD-R can be read by most drives so you'll have to check yourself to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Most players now support DVD-R Media but then again there are players that don't.

http://www.toddvideo.com/dvd_compatible.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

bookmarking that page webmonkey
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

so it will work with DVD-R but not dvd +R, the type of palyer i'm talking about would be a pc dvd, the earliest type that used to coem with the likes of gateway.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Boston
    so it will work with DVD-R but not dvd +R, the type of palyer i'm talking about would be a pc dvd, the earliest type that used to coem with the likes of gateway.

If it is a PC DVD player then i'm almost 100% certain that any player will support any DVDR media

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

thats what i thought, but these DVD's are prety old (about 3-4 years) so they might predate the DVD-R format, I don't know. to be honest my DVD players were the biggest waste of money, and i kinda ignored them for along time.

Originally posted by Boston
    thats what i thought, but these DVD's are prety old (about 3-4 years) so they might predate the DVD-R format, I don't know. to be honest my DVD players were the biggest waste of money, and i kinda ignored them for along time.

Well i doubt that they won't work but why don't you just try and see if they will work :p

Advertisement