Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best you've done in CM01/02

Options
  • 29-07-2003 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what kind of success you have achieved on 01/02 (CM4 I think, I bought new one but didn't like it).

As leeds I won All domestic cups, Uefa cup , Champions league, Super Cup and World club Cup.

As Ireland ( in same game as above) I won the WORLD CUP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

01/02 is CM3.

Won everything with Barcelona, several times. Then went on to lead Spain to World Cup and European Cup victories.
    Why Spain and not Ireland? Well when you manage in Spain for a long time it just seemed more natural to manage the international team. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

In CM3 I took Yeovil town from the conference all the way to the European Cup Final only to get hammered 5-3 (I was five nil down at half time) by Real Madrid in the final. It took me eight seasons and hundreds of hours trying to bring in loan players and out of contract players. After making the final of the Champions league I was finally able to bring in some decent players but about four months into my ninth season my computer crashed while I was saving, I lost the game and nearly cried when it happened. I've never been able to undertake the challenge again, it just took far too long the first time.

It was also tough because every year I had to sell at least one of my best players to keep the books balanced.

I won the Conference, Div3, Div2, Div1, all the lower division cups and trophies and the FA Cup.

For four of those eight seasons I also managed the Chinese national team only to get fired after four successful years in the job because I drew one game in the Asian cup, I still won it that year.

I've also won everything with Fulham a number of times in CM3.

and

I've won the European cup with Ireland and the World and European cup with Holland.

All of this was done in work while getting paid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

testing CM Xbox 01/02 I won the scotish league 20 seasons in a row :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Took Barnet from Conference to EPL
    1st in Conference
    1st in Div 3
    1st in Div 2
    all in consecutive years,

now currently lieing 6th in premiership in my 1st season there, doubt I'll get top 3 or 4 but should be in Europe next season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I took Brentford from the 2nd Division to the Premiership with consecutive promotions (good old Martin Rowlands being amazing in every division), just about stayed in the premiership the first season, qualified for the Champs League the next and won the Premiership and the Champs League (with a golden goal from Christoffer Andersson) in the next season.

I ended up with lads like Zlatan Ibrahimovic, a host of Scandinavian lads, Gaizka Mendieta and an evergreen Dennis Bergamp averaging an 8.5+. Most enjoyable CM game ever.

Irriating thing was that the stadium never got any bigger than 18000. Sill though fortress Griffin Park.

I wonder how long it would take me to do the same thing in CM4. Probably about 15 years. Realtime.

• Advertisement
Advertisement