Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Veron on the brink of joining CFC

• 29-07-2003 10:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

This is a huge risk and to be quite honest I'm not that happy, what I hate now is all the fans saying how great he is after slagging him off last year, I really am in 2 minds over this, Emerson also wants to leave Roma.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Eron

Interesting, I would say alot of clubs will look for Emerson, and Veron on the brink of leaving United? good, I am delighted for him, he might get some regular first team football instead of being brought on one in ten games and told to work some magic.... (yeah, come on quote me, I dare ya...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

he might get some regular first team football instead of being brought on one in ten games and told to work some magic.... (yeah, come on quote me, I dare ya...)

Ok Dare Accepted.

Ver few managers will leave players who are playing well on the bench for 10 games.The Reason veron could not get into the utd team is that his performances when he did were not good enough.If He goes Chelsea are welcome to him. He got his chance at UTD and did not take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

don't want the bald git either , not happy don't think he is worth the £15 million they are floating as a fee , latest office gossip here has Veron to Chelsea and Viera to Man U as the replacement for £25 million. Is Claudio losing control ?

If I had to choose I'd rather Viera at CFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I think it could be a decent signing for Chelsea, the trip ManU has been disastrous for him - I'm not sure he has ever been comfortable there which will have a big baring on his game.

Not really a risk, at worst there will be some very impressive subs at Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

Again, how does this re-inforce fergies side? Bring in 3 relatively unknown players and let out 2 huge players...? Utd have money, spend it ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by UbahOne
    Again, how does this re-inforce fergies side? Bring in 3 relatively unknown players and let out 2 huge players...? Utd have money, spend it ffs.
    Alex is an old man and this transfer lark is very tiring - let him catch his breath will ye;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Van Bommel wants to come but only if the 2 clubs reach an agreement a very impressive player.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Personally, I dont think Chelski should buy him. He is a has been!

UBAHONE
    Again, how does this re-inforce fergies side? Bring in 3 relatively unknown players and let out 2 huge players...?

Its not the first time this has happened .remember sparky,ince and kanchelskes. I won.t state the obvious about what happened the year after these 3 legends moved on from united.
    Fergie may be an old man but he a shrewd old man and has not make many mistakes in the transfer market. He should definitely strenghten the squad but only with quality players who want to play for united. Unfortunately when you have a strong squad it gets harder to find quality players who will actually improve it.

Em well its not that strong the muppet. I mean we did lose the champos league every other season after that. We can get a lot stronger. Ronaldinho could have been the link to give us that extra strength. We need more strength.

• Advertisement

I agree UTD need to strenghten but im sure when the right players become available they will bid for them. IMO A players Motivation to join a club should not just relate to the size of their pay check so while it would have been nice to get ronaldinho he
    obviously was only motivated by money and we can do without the hassle that brings down the line aka kanchelskes and anelka at Arsenal. ON the subject of Arsenal I see the viera to united story has surfaced again in the press. I cant see it hapening myself but it does appear to be one that will not go away so who knows whats happening behind the scenes.

Well he would have been payed more at Utd for a start. If this "demanding a helicopter" story was true and not made up for the Sun then fair enough, but afaik it was false and he wanted to come to Utd. Kenyon and fergie screwed up. I dont see how selling a world class player like Veron is doing the squad any good...why not keep him on and buy more players as well. Hope something good comes out of this...

Hope something good comes out of this...

Me Too

some of verons performances for utd were far from world class
    but i do admit he has improved of late. He obviously has the ability as he was class before the move. Maybe fergie should
    give him 1 more season to prove himself but if he,s offered 19m as reported i think hell take it.

Well with all this bloody cash, he should by about 6 top players. We need a larg-ER squad. Rememebr our injury trouble last yr?

Rememebr our injury trouble last yr?

Indeed i do it was the arsenal and pool fans who forgot that when they thought they were going to walk the league at ~~~~~tmas. xmas

Do you think we should take Vierra?:D

Who else would you buy?

hehe if we got vieira, there would be no such thing as competition inthe league. he is quite possibly one of the best defensive midfielders this world has been graced with. Amazing player. Id love him at Utd. Hes reaching his ultimate best now as well...what a player. Id have him over Ronaldinho and thats not something i like saying. We need a CB i reckon, we also need an ATT Mid. I mean if scholes gets injured(assume veron stays)....were still very short...we need another forward like Eto too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

united are sooo screwed unless they make a decent purchase. have the got any proven cover for the boys in the middle?

i dont even know what the hell is going on now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I know this thread is about veron but id just like to say that viera going to man u is rubbish if he leaves he probably would go to italy or spain.

This could be a great sighning or a terrrible one it all depends if he plays like he did for lazio or if he plays like he did for united(although in the champions league he was good for united)

Advertisement