Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Ad

Options
  • 29-07-2003 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭

the one that is on the radio and tv atm that has the classy guitar riff what band and song is that??

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

The Walls - To The Bright And Shining Sun

I'm hoping this is the one you're on about?

I could be waaayyyy out her y'know

Not sure if it's on an album or anything but I can't seem to lay my hands on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

cheers at least i know the name of the song i can get the song by some means probaly get the cd in town

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Speaking of ads - whats the music that o2 on their ads? Its really powerful

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Think its this
    was it in the guinness ad too?

Leftfield [Featuring Bambaataa] - Phat Planet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

if it is the walls bright and shining sun youre talking about it was released as a single and got to no 11 in the Irish charts. It should be on the next album which is due out in a month or two I think so you could wait for that or track down the single somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'll have a look for the single in town and if i can't get it just buy the album tbh if it's as good as that song it'll be amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

Originally posted by Okie
    The Walls - To The Bright And Shining Sun

Piece of useless information about that track.....They actually just wrote a small instrumental ditty for the Ad and then liked it so much they decided to write a full song around it!!
    There, told you it was useless!!! ;)

BTW...for anybody that doesn't have their album "Hi-Lo"

GET IT!! It's a stormer!!!

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Old o2 ads "Leftfield - Release the pressure" from the album Leftism

Current o2 ads "DJ Shadow - Blood on the Motorway" from the album Private Press

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Benbaz a peice of even more useles information about that song. They origonaly planed to use an instrumental version of a stunning song called heads but the master copy was lost by the delivery guy so they came up with that instrumental at the last minute and when everone liked it so much they wrote lyrics for it.
    and Hi-Lo is indeed pretty good but Cr3m0 its not on it so you will have to wait for the new album.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Originally posted by Jimi-Spandex
    Old o2 ads "Leftfield - Release the pressure" from the album Leftism

Current o2 ads "DJ Shadow - Blood on the Motorway" from the album Private Press

Thanks! and thanks the other guy 2, for the guiness one :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement