Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK products in Dunnes

Options
  • 29-07-2003 10:33pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭

(may be in wrong forum)

I was in Dunnes in Douglas last Sunday and as usual was buying yoghurt for the kids (Dunnes have a pathetic range but thats a different story). My attention was drawn to Yoplait Frubes which offered a free baseball cap with X tokens. I looked at the pack and lo-and-behold it was for UK residents only.

Why do Dunnes sell UK-destined products ? I know they try and cut costs but thats rubbing it in especially seeing as there are Frubes for the Irish market (marketed by Dairygold).

Needless to say Dunnes site doesn´t have any contact information for email...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

You could always try one of these emails and hope it gets forwarded on to the relevant indivdual
    http://www.google.ie/search?q=site%3Adunnesstores.com+email&hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1

Its a tactic thats worked for me in kind of a similar situation last year with a company.

Or alternatively call them. Details here...
    http://www.dunnesstores.com/cust_service/index.htm

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Thanks 80project - one of those links showed a feedback script (not working) which had the customer service address emebedded - csfeedback@dunnes-stores.ie

parsi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

NP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Most likely explanation is that Yoplait sent them stock intended for the UK market and no one in Dunnes noticed.

Originally posted by BuffyBot
    Most likely explanation is that Yoplait sent them stock intended for the UK market and no one in Dunnes noticed.

Perhaps, and you're probably right; however I much prefer conspiracy type theories especially since I don't think anything can happen that Dunnes doesn't notice after all they have Black Helicopters flying everywhere :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I'm in favour of direct action, played.

Shameless pimpage of this thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by parsi
    Perhaps, and you're probably right; however I much prefer conspiracy type theories especially since I don't think anything can happen that Dunnes doesn't notice after all they have Black Helicopters flying everywhere :-)

Sssshh, they'll hear you ;)

Well I never heard back from them..not even a bounced email...still the bathc of offending products are off the shelves now...

I also discovered that they no longer stock Petit Yoco - those lovely fromage frais with a strwberry type centre much loved by kids...(haven't I a lot to be worried about)..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wh0repants

Originally posted by parsi

I also discovered that they no longer stock Petit Yoco - those lovely fromage frais with a strwberry type centre much loved by kids...(haven't I a lot to be worried about)..

And you thought Dunnes wouldn't react to your complaint.

*Black Helicopter full of Petit Yoco zooms by*

Originally posted by wh0repants
    And you thought Dunnes wouldn't react to your complaint.

*Black Helicopter full of Petit Yoco zooms by*

Hmm.. I remember hearing a chopper but I couldn't see it....then again I was looking at the road...

• Advertisement
Advertisement