Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opeth recommendations

Options
  • 29-07-2003 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭

A friend of mine recently lent me a copy of Deliverance. It rocked my pants majorly, and I was hoping that if there are any Opeth fans in the forum if they could recommend the next one I should try and get my hands on...

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Blackwater Park would be suitable. I do not have Deliverance, so I'm not too sure what that sounds like but most people I know that has heard Blackwater Park thinks its brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'd actually say Deliverance is their poorest effort. Although with that said, it is a brilliant album, and better than anything most bands have ever put out in their lifetime. But it's just not the best Opeth have to offer.

Blackwater Park is indeed a masterpeice.
    But I find that people often overlook their earlier albums.
    So check out Orchid, and Morningrise.
    Absolute masterpeices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

damnation is fairly brilliant, it's more acoustic than you'd expect like it's not as hard as opeth would be but it's a fantastic album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭triv88

still life is an all t ime favourite of mine

Morning rise is prob their most acclaimed album

Blackwater park is instantly enjoyable

basically they are all brilliant, buy em all! it doesnt matter which one you buy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

Cheers for the advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

hehe i had Blackwater Park and wanted to get another album and was gonna post askin which i should get next, but wasnt arsed...

anyway i got Morning Rise, which is kick-ass but not as good as Blackwater Park. Whats the next to get, Orchid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

I suppose I should say My Arms Your Hearse because you've seen me walking around with the t-shirt....but it has Madrigal & The Amen Corner on it, which both rock, so yeah, gettage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

I'd say get them all, but if I had to choose one, it would be Orchid.

Then again, Still Life is very overlooked, and I probably listen to it once every two days on average..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

mystic: dont forget demon of the fall! ass kicking track!

i love still life, i think its an amazing album!

apparently they're coming back again before the end of the year to support damnation (which is mega!), that'll be 3 times then! yay! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

heheh, I checked and there's only one of their albums that you guys didnt recommend. I'll take that as a very good sign :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Ok, then get Damnnation as well :P It's very good, much more melodious and mellow than the other cd's

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

but don't let that put you off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by Einstürzende
    but don't let that put you off ;)
    SOme of Opeths best songs are melodic, so definately buy :)

To Bid You Farewell would be one of my favourite opeths songs and its very mellow... for the first 8minutes or so anyway.

Advertisement