Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weird error messages

Options
  • 30-07-2003 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Just wonder what was your most weirdest/unexpected error message, and if you can post a screen shot of it, on my old windows me pc when i used to install AOL ( yes i know )
    when it came up saying installation finished right after that a windows error message would come up, not actually saying anything, or displaying a detials button, it would just say "error!" and click ok.weird.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Back in my early uni days when I had to look at the keyboard, the computer used to keep popping up a error message with just the message "1" in it. Drove me crazy, cause it would mean that nothing I'd typed would come up on screen.

Turned out to be a virus, and had spread throughout the computer labs. That was the year they first installed virus checkers.

Talk about closing the barn door .. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

The best one has to be 'An unknown error has occured in unknown' :oP

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Keyboard missing - Press F1 to continue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

Something along the lines of 'Illegal Filesystem' BSOD. I was the only one in the comp apps class that go it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the keyboard one has happened to me a few times lol

unknown error in unknown haha love to see that one!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

When I first started to use computers I got really freaked out by the message 'This program has preformed an illegall operation and will be shut down'

I thought i had done something illegal
    :eek:

Advertisement