Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsource - 6 working days install

• 30-07-2003 12:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭

Got a phone call this morning from netsource saying my RADSL was installed and ready. The proposed release date was 5th August which would have been 11/12 working days from receipt of application so needless to say I'm absolutely shocked - ~ 6ish working day installation, basically last Monday week 21st when I received receipt.

[Credit]
    I'm not posting this to p1ss people off, but I have to give credit to both Netsource, and ultimately Eircom :eek: (I guess) for the turn around time. Was I exceptionally lucky - yeap.

D.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

I got my dsl in 2 days from Netsource :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Got mine in 4 Working days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

mine in 1 month and a half from Esat IOL :p .. though i was shocked.. i was sitting down on my pc on my 56k modem connected to the dsl line.. (yes it connects) when i noticed alot of ESAT poping up in tracerts.. so i decided to plug in the modem.. and bang it was on, wasnt ment to be on untill the 5th of august :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ozmo

Netsource Guys - I need to make a decision.

UTV have messed up my installation - or rather Eircom and utv have.
    Basically the accounts and utv are insisting that I have dsl enabled - but the repairs and engineers say its disabled but are not doing anything to fix it.

UTV say they will refund me if I want to go elsewhere.

My Questions

1. Are Netsource good for Pings and downloads - have they got their problems sorted?

2. Can you avoid paying for the domain name - there was someone who claimed to have dodged having to get a domain name.

3. Are the warez monkeys spoiling it for everyone as predicted.

I am considering getting Netsource instead.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

You can tell the person on the pnhone you dont want it and see what they say, maybe act as if you arent convinced you should take there service and they might drop it to sweeten the deal. But I doubt it cause if you didnt have to pay I'd be onto accounts saying I didnt want it either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Im starting to get p***ed off with people coming into this forum and not bothering to read any previous threads and posting the same questions over and over again. Ozmo, this rant isnt directed directly at you, at the top of this forum there is a sticky which charts the fall and rise :D of netsource in regards to pings and download speeds along with other ISP's here , there are also netsource threads here , here , here , here , here all in the last 2 to 3 days. Can people please start to use the search function on forums again???

Just for the record, im on netsource, pings are round 40ms to Uk servers, downloads are 50-56kb/s constantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ozmo

Originally posted by talla
    Im starting to get p***ed off with people coming into this forum and not bothering to read any previous threads and posting the same questions over and over again. Ozmo, this rant isnt directed directly at you, at the top of this forum there is a sticky which charts the fall and rise :D of netsource in regards to pings and download speeds along with other ISP's here , there are also netsource threads here , here , here , here , here all in the last 2 to 3 days. Can people please start to use the search function on forums again???

No need for that - I have read all the threads and none answered the specific questions I asked - UTV or Netsource -
    Its not like i started a new thread or anything.
    Anyway it just cos this bb is all so new and folk are doing research with the limited,real world, imformation available.

Just for the record, im on netsource, pings are round 40ms to Uk servers, downloads are 50-56kb/s constantly.

Perfect :) - just the justification I was looking for spending 65 euros a month as opposed to 45 with UTV.
    UTV have offered me my money back - so I think I will rejoin the 15 working days queue and go with netsource. - If only I could get my isdn back for that time though....

ozmo.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by ozmo
    No need for...
    talla does have a point, those questions you've asked have been asked and answered a load of times here, on Net/Comms and IrelandOffline, the information on both is there for you to read and make your own decision.
    It's not up to people here to decide for you, make your own decision based on what's there.

I guess Chief and coyote are on hols. or something (*looks at IOL threads*) :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I subscribed earlier on in the week and just got my install pack with the filters etc. What actaully has to be done to 'turn it on'? I've been waiting 4 years for broadband and the few days left are killing me! Is there anything I can do to speed up the process? What actually takes so much time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

so much time? ill be waiting over a month it seems for my Business DSL and your waiting 4 days? :)

they have to connect you to the DSLAM whish is kinda like a big modem which a lot of people connect too. Eircom have to do this so its slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

Originally posted by Zascar
    I subscribed earlier on in the week and just got my install pack with the filters etc. What actaully has to be done to 'turn it on'? I've been waiting 4 years for broadband and the few days left are killing me! Is there anything I can do to speed up the process? What actually takes so much time?

Getting the Eircom engineer out to look confused while standing over a manhole (no crude jokes please). I passed two the day prior to getting installed - and if I'd had the neck - I'd have asked them if they were doing (R)ADSL installations :D Maybe there were or not - who knowns. Suffer until they tell you its installed or your proposed installation date has passed and then ring. Nothing more you can do.
    Originally posted by talla
    Im starting to get p***ed off with people coming into this forum and not bothering to read any previous threads and posting the same questions over and over again.

Sorry talla, before starting this thread I had seen an "ESAT taking ages" message in some thread, but I couldn't find it when I went looking, and I hadn't previously seen a good installation story. Sorry if I rehashed - the giddiness obvious got to me a bit :eek:

D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭B0rG

Ordered last Thursday, today a girld called me up saying it was ready and she wanted "just to confirm address" where to post the installation package. Like hell I'll be waiting for it for 3 days bank holiday weekend, go pick it up by myself :)

Arghhh! When this day is finally over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

I ordered Netsource 2 weeks ago, nothing yet. Its not their fault either, I moved into a new house and got an account and number from Eircom, two weeks later my number is not on the pre-qual list so they can't do a line test or some such thing. Eircom told Netsource it would be sorted out on Monday(28th July) because they has some new fancy computer system. I called Netsource today and was told Eircom still hadn't added my number. I then called Eircom, just to bitch at them, I know they don't care, I was told the computer system for their broadband department was completely down today, so much for a fancy new system, and that there is nothing they could do.

Does anyone have a phone number or email address of someone in Eircom so I can contact them and complain. I know they won;t do anything but I will get some small piece of satisfaction from it.

I want my DSL!

Advertisement