Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting QPR Promoted

Options
  • 30-07-2003 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭

I started a game of 01/02 about 12/13 days ago starting with QPR in the 2nd Division , missed out on automatic promotion but evetually reached 1st Div via the play-offs.

Started the new season in 1st Div in sparkling form souring to the top but then after Xmas it all fell apart , starting dropping pts left right and centre. Finished the season in 3rd but failed to win promotion as Wolves bet me in the play-off final !!

The next season was a bloddy disaster resulting in my sacking.

My formation was 4 at the back , 1 in Defensive midfield central position , 2 in a Central mid pos , 2 Attacking mid , and 1 up front.

I had signed some good (I thought) players .

It pissed me off big time as it always does !!

Any recommendations for my next managerial post ? I tend to leave the tactics the same all season long . I also tend to pay little attention to training , defenders trained on tactics , midfielders on skills and attackers trained on shooting , should this be rotated ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Oh yeah forgot to mention the bloody work permit rule is f***ing up my efforst to sign "good" players .

Maxim Tsigaldo is one such player
    Razin is another
    Maxwell (Ajax) another
    and so on ..........

From reading the thread on training I haven't even touched on training or is the training in 01/02 less advanced than CM4 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Change your formation to 4-1-3-2, it's the best formation for CM3.

Go to the dugout.net and download it there if you can't be bothered setting your own player orders.

Training is not as advanced in CM3 so don't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I found 4 - 3 - 1 - 2 to be the best.
    Training is not as important, but you can still use it to improve your players.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I've found 4-1-3-2 (DMC in front of back 4) to be the best formation if you are a smaller club in a good league, and if you've made it and have great players then 4-3-1-2 (Fwd or AMC behind strikers) is the way to go.

Training is fine, if you sign some good coaches then you can leave it at the default and you'll have no probs.

If you want to tweak it a bit you can give your coaches some orders, obviously a coach with a high GK stat will be good for training your Gks, I think a high discipline attribute is good for fitness type training, can't remember off hand the other ones now..

I got a job as manager of Oldham in the 2nd Div.

I've no money but have taken two players on short term loan from my previous club , Mats Rubarth and To Madeira.

Trying to hang to both is proving difficult , 1st Div sides are bidding for Rubarth as he's having an excellent time with me but everytime they lodge a bid I lodge one for £5 million , I knows it's kinda cheating but I'm under serious financial restraints !!

• Advertisement

Won successive promotion from Second & First Division , finished my first season in Premiership in 5th.

Work permits are a pain in the ass though. I'm trying to sign Diego (AM/FRC) he's only been capped at Under 21 level so I can't get one for him . Trouble is when he has been capped bigger clubs will come in for him .

I'm also chasing after Kaka . I think some club is gonna come in soon and bid for To Madiera , even though he's a great goalscorer I would sell him if the price is right (Peter Ridsdale - Everyone has their price )

When things are going right it's enjoyable .

Muthaf****** sacked me again . Ungrateful shower of *****.

I brought them up from the 2nd Divsion and kept them in the Premiership , even qualified for Uefa Cup on 2/3 occasions and they still sacked .
    I should have jumped ship when I had my chance to join a bigger club .

It was difficult to hang onto money every season , my attendances weren't really enough to fund the Premier League wage bill . I think my record crowd was 26/27,000 .

The biggest pain is the fact that you assemble a team of your players and tie them down to longer contracts anf then bang , bye bye toss pot , you are the weakest link .

Advertisement