Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Well at least some decent replies

• 30-07-2003 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Fair enough, some of you have no interest in Irish soccer, thats your loss. I agree the standard at times is pure ****e, but then again you can level that at evey league in europe.

As has been said before the reason grounds, players ( although some are really good) and games are **** is because there is no investment in Irish soccer. It is left to a few diehards to keep this league going. With a little investment an Irish team could make it to the group stages of CL. Just look at Rosenburg.

Take tonights game, im sure the whole country is up for Bohs, but think if that support was year round what could be acheived.

We are not unique in this country in that the vast majority of people follow a foreign league, just look at Sweden, Norway, Cyprus Etc all follow foreign teams. Difference is they also support their local team by attending games.

The only chance Irish people will ever get to see live CL football in Ireland is if an Irish team qualifies for the group stages. Think about it!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 DEMI

Meant to add this to original post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

there is no investment in Irish soccer

Whos fault is it that there has been no investment . Hugh amounts of money could annd should have been generated particulaly through the Charton era. What have the fai to show for that . Its a bit much to expect the irish public to support the FAI when they by their action have shown that they have no consideration for the soccer fans in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

the f.a.i. are a terribly run organisation it showed in how ireland trained for the world cup but they need more money from the government to do anything the GAA get all the money and spend it on Croke park i like GAA and all but the money should be spread evenly

The FAI shouldnt get a penny. They would only squander it on junkets for themselves. I,m no GAA fan but at least they have a wondeful stadium to show for the money they got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

ya i suppose ur right but the problem the irish league has is funding no eircom league team can exactly buy payers worth anything close to a millon though and cant bring in hardly any foreign players because of this

• Advertisement

Unfortunately thats right. As i said in another post football is a business and Ireland does not have the population to Financially sustain a league like the premiership.

Its basic economics and no amount of idealist ideas changes that unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I personally believe that all the woes suffered by our national league come straight from the dorr of the FAI ....

The ineptitude of the FAI was shown to the whole world at last year's world cup .... I don't want to sound like I'm worshipping Keano, but if he hadn't done what he'd done, would we be any wiser of the uselessness of the FAI??

I'll just mention 1 example to prove my point .... there are many more, but you've all read the papers!!

Before the world cup last year, on another foreign trip [don't know the specifics], the players and coaches were made to travel economy whilst the 'fat cats' of the FAI travelled first class .... It beggars belief that they actually thought this to be okay!! :mad:

I'm actually getting very steamed under the collar just thinking about those gobsh1tes in the FAI ... hopefully, Keano's outburst and the findings of the subsequent report from the independent examiner will change the footballing system in this country ...

Here's hoping that the FAI use their finances better to fund the National League .... What's that, Hell's freezing over :rolleyes: :D

Advertisement