Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are your top films to put the ****s up you?

• 30-07-2003 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

Mine would be
    1. The Exorcist
    2. The Ring

Come to think of it they are the only 2 that ever made the hair stand up on the back of my head

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

Fire in the sky
    Blair Witch Project - as woods scare me anyway at night time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

i think of the few horror films ive seen blair witch was the only one to scare me through out, shivers and so on. stuff like scream and i know what you did last summer, i dont know how they scare anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

screams more of a whodunnit tbh, its not all that much of a horror. the original psycho scares the ****s out of me actually, just certain scenes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 buttons malone

nightmare on elm street. a classic. freds not ur average big thicko monster, hes v.smart, the oneliners are snappy.
    can't wait for the new freddy vs jason flick. anyone know anything bout it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

anyone know anything bout it?

Ye its going to be utter ****e and the only way to kill off a never ending franchise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Horror films never really sacre me. Though saving private ryan really made me scared of war.

But i think in horror films the Hell raiser films would have been the scariest for me! Or salems lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

I'm one of those awfully boring people whom horror movies don't scare. But my favourite ones are usally those with either end othe scope acting. Very believable preformances (ie: Moody 1930's b&w horrors, or 28 Days Later) to the woeful acting and hamming in Hammer horrors. What are also really fun to pick apart are those made for TV b-movie "just different enough not to break copyright" of recent blockbusters, usally get them on TV3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

original 'Body snatchers' was pretty scary when i was a kid , for the next three weeks i was checking the dark spaces of my room before going to sleep :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

nah the only one that scared me when i was younger was stephen kings IT, the music of it freaked me out :eek: :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

if there was something about someone at sea at night that would scare me, its creepy cous you dont know what you just stood on and ****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭avatar

I watch LOADS of Horror movies, but the three are

Evil Dead (Before the slapstick of the sequels, there was genuine TERROR...)

Ringu (Japanese original. I spent a week convinced i was going to die horribly... the remake just is not that scary)

The Shining ("please don't go in the room. Please don't go in the... oh F**K, he's going in the room! I'm not watching this! *turns off tv*) :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 The Preacher

The Exorcist and The Shining are definitely two of scariest films in my opinion.

Carrie is a great creepy film as well. I remember seeing if for the first time in the cinema and the ending scared the **** out of me.

Of the more recent stuff, The Sixth Sense and The Others gave me a few frights.

Blair Witch Project I was hugely disappointed in. I thought it was about as scary as an episode of Coronation Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

28 days later was great for shock......your just waiting for something to happen

the ring messes with your head scary enuff like

The Entity is the scariest film i ever seen....its about a poltergeist and was made back in the 80's i think...i seen it on sky about 2 years ago and it put the **** cross ways in me cuz it was a true story......

Farlz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

The first part of the TV mini series of The Stand put the sh|ts right up me at times, the bits in the hospital especially
    then it just got really crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

The Thing from John Carpenter especially the eerie soundtrack

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

THE STUFF

A film bout a can of white stuff, like ice cream which oozes out of the earth, shops then market it as ice cream, people eat it and it turns ye into a zombie/northsider(heeeeeeeoowya buuuud).

Aaaaanyway, if ur naturally scared of ice cream, this is 4 you.

Really though, most horrible film is Bone daddy, people kept alive while guy takes out all ur bones in ur arms and legs, hooked up to drip and ur not goin anywhere soon, aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrggghhhhhhhhh!!!
    Made me sick 2 the stomach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

The Eye.

Seriously nearly punched my heart straight through my ribs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Jaymac23

Hey moviefans, did anybody see The Omen? Thats got to rank up there with the all time greats.Not to mention "that decapitation scene"...
    Roegs "Don't look back" is quite chilling also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Eden

I have to say I was terrified by Return to Oz. And that Bugs Bunny Jeckyll and Hyde episode. Although, saying that, I was only 8 at the time.
    Other than that, Ringu scared the life outa me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭donhughberto

The window vsit and the bit where the guy popped out of the coffin, i was checking windows for ages after that, was only 10 at the time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭triv88

"the Texas chain saw massacre" is pretty ****ed up and scary

Advertisement