Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My phone stolen, Can I retain number?

• 30-07-2003 10:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭

Some little knack lifted my phone. The sim is one I've had for years, but I bought it from a mate who went back to the states.

Carphone warehouse say I can't put my number on a new sim as their not allowed to transfer numbers anymore, vodafone have to do it.

Vodafone won't , most likely, as the sim isn't in my name.

Am I screwed? Or can somebody out there program sims?

Thanks....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

You can call Vodafone and advise them of the situation. Assuming you have been using the sim for the past while, you will know specific details as what numbers you texr or call regularly and details of top ups. These details are enough to prove the sim is now owned by you and they should change the details to match yours. Then just tell them that you need a new sim. If you tell them it is lost, they will charge you 23 squids for a new one, while if you tell them it is faulty or broke, they will send it for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If Vodafone refuse (which they shouldn't, if you have the details jesus_thats_gre pointed out), try and get in contact with the mate in the states. If he rings up with his details, he can then transfer it to you, and then you can get a new SIM.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

Thanks for that mate.....Do you have the correct number to ring to hand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Vodafone Customer Care is 1907

- Dave.

Originally posted by TmB
    Vodafone Customer Care is 1907

- Dave.

What about from a land line....I can't call from a mobile :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Are you RTG or billpay?

From a mobile or landline, RTG cust care is 1850 20 87 87

From a landline, billpay cust care is 1800 22 55 88 (afair)

Sorted!! Rang up, told them sim and phone stopped working. Only dodgy part was when they said switch my phone on and off so they can test it........ so I lied! Luckily they said it was indeed faulty.

Their sending me a new card, transferred to my name!

Thanks for the help guys, especially Jesus- you saved me a bit of cash!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by patch69
    What about from a land line....I can't call from a mobile :(
    Sorry, should have said - 1907 works from a landline too. Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

- Dave.

I am shocked you used the information I gave you in such a way.. Thats not on :p

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    I am shocked you used the information I gave you is such away.. Thats not on :p

:ninja: :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

on a side note can you reprogram sim cards ie. can i create backup sim cards from other o2 simcards i have lying at home?

You can transfer the details of one sim card to another. However you will still need the network to connect it.

Ya thats what i figured cuz it stops people being able to clone other peoples sim cards for not so legal activities...........how do you transfer the data?? and do you need a blank sim card or can any one be used?

You would have to get a spare sim card of ur provider. You could use sim copier to copy the contents on one SIM and then paste it on to whatever spare sim you have. Then just call your operator and they will activate the new sim on your account.

ok cheers m8

Advertisement