Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

and now... HL2 slipping...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

:(:(

I was looking forward to that. Ah well...... something to play while the turkey is digesting!

- Dave.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Praetorian told me this this morning. He is set to almost cry. I'm not too bothered. I supose he has a PC in dire need of games and I've a few consoles with over 30 games that still need to be played.

And to everyone who doubted me when I said it would probably slip:

'told ya so'

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Ahh the pain of it all. Hopefully Microsoft have not got them to delay it so the Xbox version will be released closer to the PC version.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i reckon they are holding off til november 22 half-life 5th birthday what a present that would be

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Say it ain't so. Apparently Valve haven't heard anything about this according to www.planethalflife.com
    There is a mail (supposedly) from Gabe Newell where he's quoted as saying, "First time I've heard about this," but until we hear an official statement from Valve to the contrary, we're going to believe Vivendi. Given the amount of lead-time required to publish a game like HL2 and everything else we've heard about the game's progress so far, this delay isn't that shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

www.halflife2.net was a great source of info on Half life 2. Fans were posting questions for Gabe Newell and he was answering them quite promptly. It’s been down for the last few days, or I imagined the whole thing.

Hopefully HL2 will not slip to 2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Nah it will ship before christmas, it has too.... or else :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭glimmerman

wonder if we'll see doom changing dates again..... nah, that'd be *too* obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Originally posted by glimmerman
    wonder if we'll see doom changing dates again..... nah, that'd be *too* obvious.
    Well, itd be a good trick, considering its release date is still 'When its done'.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Nice one, tbh. Give's me more time to save for a new graphics card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

You know that thread about games causing tears? Well you can't see me, but I'm crying. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

At least you didn't order a new computer to play it :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Its still not clear, but would appear its not slipping:

http://ve3dboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=12629305

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

I knew something like this well happen so I'd built a small box under my stairs so I can claim in to it and start screaming my head off.

http://www.planethalflife.com/half-life2/delaymovie/

http://www.halflife2d.com/

Advertisement