Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Repairs

Options
  • 30-07-2003 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

I recently had a problem with my Widescreen Tv and left it into a place in Bray that seemed respectable enough they fixed it quickly and two days later screen went again with the same problem. The work was guranteed for 3 months so I went back and asked for my cash back so I could take to the manufactuer rep but they would not give me my cash back as they said they would have to check it out and that they had put new parts into to it so I left it in again, last Friday and still have not heard anything.
    In the meantime I went another place I know in Cornelscourt and they offer a six month gurantee with their work and I was just wondering can anyone recommend a shop that does TV repairs with out ripping you off and does anyone know of some kind of regulatory body for repair guys ??

edited to correct typo's

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭redneck

Try, Micro Electronics, 6 Herbert Place, Baggot Street Bridge
    01-6761953

They rr an authorised Sony service centre, bu tthey do other makes 2, at least you no if they r an authorised service centre that they r reputable.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭techi

Sorry I have to disagree about authorised service centers, it means nothing to be authorised, your best bet is word of mouth, a recommendation from a friend. I am an engineer (Sorry miles away from Bray) however I am not an authorised service center and pretty much gave up doing TV/Video's years ago too much work not enough money :). Anyway back to my point I have repaired lots over the years that have had very shabby work carried out by so called e.g.: Authorised Repair Centers etc... Word of mouth about a good engineer/repair center is all you need, and believe me if a guy is good you will know likewisw if he's bad.

Sounds like the company you used opend TV saw the obvious and never checked to see what caused it in the first place, or the used an under rated part which was not upto the job.

Techi

Advertisement