Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Didi Hamann out until November!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭marct

Definitely not a good result. Gala did put all of their few chances away but thats what good teams do. Very silly tackle from Mellor.The only solace to be taken is that at no time was the first 11 on. Still though, its in stark contrast to Utd's scintillating pre-season form- and Arsenal are'nt looking to clever either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

To be fair, pre-season friendlies mean nothing.

Their main purpose is to get players match fit and generate some cash.

The only worrying point to the Gala game was Gerrard being sent off and the manner in which it happened (I'm not saying a word).

I think you won't get any real indication of how good Arsenal/Utd are gonna be this season until the charity shield.....

Than you can start worrying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭marct

Originally posted by sykeirl
    To be fair, pre-season friendlies mean nothing.

Their main purpose is to get players match fit and generate some cash.

The only worrying point to the Gala game was Gerrard being sent off and the manner in which it happened (I'm not saying a word).

I think you won't get any real indication of how good Arsenal/Utd are gonna be this season until the charity shield.....

Than you can start worrying.

:D I was hoping you had'nt noticed- some bloody timing LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

the charity shield IS a friendly, a more competetive friendly. liverpool fans regard it as a major trophy because they won it the odd time. the see it as a big game.

utd or arsenal obviously dont like losing but it wont be the end of the world for whoever loses.

gerrard has a habit of playing the man instead of the ball, as does bergkamp. he deserved to be sent off. 'pool will miss hamann, he's their engine. out til november will be a blow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by smemon
    the charity shield IS a friendly, a more competetive friendly. liverpool fans regard it as a major trophy because they won it the odd time. the see it as a big game.
    Considering the amount of times Liverpool have played in the Charity Shield (far more than any other team) they have actually won it surprisingly few times. It actually isn't that big a deal to the pool.

Advertisement