Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chorus Installation (CORK)

• 30-07-2003 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    this might seem like a silly query but I would really appreciate any feedback.
    I'm a student living in a rented house in Glasheen in Cork city. I'm purchasing a TV and DVD player and seeing as the indoor antenna reception here isn't great I've decided to spalsh out for multichannel television.
    Sky Digital is too expensive and I don't want to commit to a 12 month contract in rented accomodation. I have no experience of Chorus however. What would the cheapest package form Chorus cost? How invasive is the installation procedure, i.e. is it somehting I should inform my landlord about? I don't even know if Chorus is cable or aeriel based in Cork!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Stark

cable based.

When we got chorus first day (years ago when it was cork multichannel), they had to drill a hole through the wall of our house, then feed in the cable directly to our black box (the actual source of this cable was in our attic, chorus don't use antennae in cork city though so the cable line must have been coming through that cabling you see dangling between houses). We later re-wired things ourselves so that the signal came through the standard aerial outputs in the house and we could plug the black box into one of those. I'd say that's what they do these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭a bientot

Could someone inform our friend and me on the price of very basic (cheapest) cable in Cork and ....... how many channels are there in the package with names of the channels and frequencies (through the obligatory set top convertor in use since mid 80's)

All that Cork cable subscribers needed from 1985 was a very basic tv monitor..........

Chorus did promise the cable regulator three years ago that they would provide the same channels on all their basic cable systems at the same price... before the end of 2002.

Advertisement