Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs of the Dubs

Options
  • 30-07-2003 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭

i've been to four different pubs in Dublin, i don't get up there much...
    Eamonn Dorans
    The Oak on Dame Street
    Whelans
    and The Hairy Lemon

So Where Should i go to next time i'm in Dublin?
    which will be next week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

What kind of pub do you like? Which of the above was your favourite? What music do you like (if that makes a difference)? and other such information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

a couple of friends of mine went on a pub crawl a few days ago and the way they did it was the best idea i've heard... They asked the bartender to recommend a pub and that was the pub they went to next... that's why i think it's important to be open minded, that way you have so much more fun... so just tell me what pub or pubs you like to go to, it doesn't matter the type of music they play, just as long as it's got a good atmosphere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pearl

One of my favourite pubs is Solas on Wexford St (used to be Modern Green Bar). Great music, beer, food up to 8.

Was in a new-ish pub on Eden Quay the other night, Metropolitan. Slightly funkier, but not trying too hard (like Traffic on Abbey st). A youngish, trendy crowd, but comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Pub crawls around dublin are cool - as long as there aren't too many of ye. The best bet is to pick an area / street or two and hit a few pubs along there.

From Grafton St:
    The Duke, A.K.A., Captain America's(food and cocktails(beer as well obviously!)), McDaids, Bruxelles, Sinnots. (most of those are on side streets)

From Dame St:
    Foggy Dew, Trinity Arch, Mercantile(not my cup of tea), The Oak(you've been there), Porter House.

From O'Connel Bridge:
    Spi, Messer Maguires, Q bar(yuck), Redz, Longstone, McTurkles.

From Temple Bar:
    Take your pick.

There is also a lot of good places slightly outside of the city to start off drinking and then work your way in i.e. Drumcondra, Lansdowne, Blackrock etc. Lots of decent pubs and easy enough to get back into town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Engulfophobia_m

the dawson lounge, top one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Pravda was nice last time i was there.

Advertisement