Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Computer Mags?

• 30-07-2003 3:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right forum (so please don't hit me ;) )
    .... but:
    are there some irish computer (hardware) magazines around (I mean printed on real paper)?

Thanx,

jow

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

afaik pc live is the only one and every so often they release somthing else ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I wouldn't trust pc live at all for hardware information. The reviewers don't really have a clue, they just recycle press releases. Go to a decent hardware website ( listed in stickies ) and print some articles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Yeah I agree. All PC Live do is copy information from their main English magazine PC World and they have their info all over the place. Thats the only proper Irish Magzine out there at the mo unless you want some "how to press the start button" magazines. Go for the English ones such as Personal Computer World. I think its massive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Thats the only proper Irish Magzine out there at the mo unless you want some "how to press the start button" magazines. Go for the English ones such as Personal Computer World. I think its massive! [/B]
    Thanks,

I was asking because we are discussing planes in our company to release a computer series and we would like to get it tested by a magazine (this is a good advertisement.... if the computer gets a good result of course ;)

But a test in the UK? I have my doubts, because we want to do business in Ireland.

OK, thank you anyway for the answers, I try will buy a copy of Personal Computer World and have a look.

Until now I am stuck to the german magazines ;)

regards,

jow

Advertisement