Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

printing as a text file

Options
  • 30-07-2003 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions. I've got a program which returns a set of numbers and I want to distribute this set of numbers to a group of people.
    The problem is I can't click "select all" and then copy them to a text document.
    The program doesn't allow me to export the results to a text file.
    I can't see all the numbers on one screen so I can't click Alt-Gr to save them as a bitmap for distribution.

I was thinking of using a printer and diverting to a text file if that were possible but I don't know how to do that. Back when I was using DOS I'd just divert the output to a file rather than to screen. Can't think how to do something similar in Windows.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

www.pdf995.com - (Adware) will allow you to print PDF's

or

Pick Generic / Text only printer from the list (manu might be m$) and set to print to file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

Thanks, that worked.

Knew I had to use a printer of some description but couldn't remember it's name or where in the list it was.

Advertisement