Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing a dog from England

Options
  • 30-07-2003 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

I'm thinking off importing a dog from England but I've never done it or never met anyone that has.
    Does anyone know if there's much to it ?
    i.e. extra costs, is there a courier service available, do I need to go to England to collect the dog ??

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

adrianos,

I've split your post from the Dog Breeders thread here into a new thread. This way more people will see the question and be able to answer you, and it won't make the sticky Dog Breeder thread longer :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Firstly I would recommend going to England yourself to collect the dog.This way you can see its condition etc.

Secondly as Ive mentioned before the dog will not have to be quarantined as the UK is rabies free like Ireland and besides its an antiquated law anyway.

Thirdly-There shouldnt be an extra cost except for your Travelling costs.What most people do is try to locate a dog within driving distance of the ferry terminals.This way you could in theory leave on a morning ferry,collect the dog and be home in the same day.Would cause a lot less stress to the dog than a flight in my opinion.

The only thing Im not sure of is if you can transfer the registration from the British kennel club to the Irish one.As well as that the dog you are thinking of buying(Alaskan malamute???)may not be a recognised breed over here yet as I checked for breeders here but cant find any.
    Hope this helps,
    Richie.

Advertisement