Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Villa Thread

• 30-07-2003 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I know I have another thread open about villa but I was going to opne another one and I thought well if I make it general enough maybe we won't have to open too many in future.

Denmark international goalkeeper Thomas Sorensen is now definitely set to move after the clubs agreed £2.25 for him, only thing holding it up is sunderland paying up what they owe him.

So thats £4.5 for Sorensen and McCann not bad by any standards, especially Sorensen for £2.25 thats very cheap.

Alpay has announced he would like to sign a new contract and that Villa supporters will see the best of him this season.

On paper we'r starting to look better and better and if the players can get there fitness levels up to the level required to play O'Learys style of pressure football.

I'd ask to make this thread a sticky but then I guess there would have to be one for every team??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

we'll finish mid table,which is better then last season but really this season,lik last season,will be one of transition as the team is adjusting to learys style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

irish1
    On paper we'r starting to look better and better

Unfortunately football is played on grass.:D

Seriously though i think villa have made a good decision on the manager and id Deadly Doug bides his time he will do the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Disillusioned Villa fan here. Hope to christ O'Leary can bring some spirit back into the team. We still need a decent playmaker (and a rich venzualan sugar daddy).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Sorensen is a very good buy but i really dont think much of mcann

the real question is whos going to play up front

ps. i know there is a thread about villa strikers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

nah i really think we can finish top six this season we`ve got some good young players like Hitz Whittingham and Barry and some great Pros like Alpay Mellberg and Allback the only squads i can think of which are superior to us are Man Utd Arsenal Newcastle and Chelsea. I believe we could give Liverpool a run for their money.O learys a much betta manager than houllier the chances of us registering a top six this season are far greater than o`learys chacnes were of getting to the semi finals of the champions league when he took over leeds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Went to see Villa play Leeds and saturday in Tolka park, it was great to see them playing.

The first half was very bad but looked a totally different team in the second half, Crouch really surprised me he looked very good.

I think McCann was superb for the short period of time he was on he really looked like a good center mid, and Hitz was as always looking good going forward.

Delaney also looked good, I have to say we have a very good squad I mean all 23 players are genuinely good and we were missing Vassell and Sorressen and young moore wasn't there.

Good season ahead I reckon top 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I don't really follow villa's football and I'm doing that fantasy football thing. I have Mellberg and Delaney in the team and I can't decide who to put in the first 11, who will get there game, delaney or Mellberg? If neither I have to go with Luznhy off Wolves.

mellberg will be a definite starter delaney maybe but hes very injury prone

Vassell will not travel for tommorrows game he's been ruled out through injury.

Staunton has gone to coventry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

not too worried about staunton going but it does leave oleary a man down.

As for tomorrows game im happy with allback and Angel if thats the way it is. its great that its on sky, but knowing the way villa usually play on live TV portsmouth could upset us.

lets hope we can get straight to the top tomorrow even if it is only for a few hours!

• Advertisement

Any news on Alan Smith? Heard he was in talks with O'Leary in an £8 million quid deal.

Originally posted by mbroaders
    Any news on Alan Smith? Heard he was in talks with O'Leary in an £8 million quid deal.

Load of bulls**t that story,

We have too many strikers plus we can't afford his fee never mind his wages

Originally posted by irish1
    Load of bulls**t that story,

We have too many strikers plus we can't afford his fee never mind his wages

Thats what i was thinking. Was cursing cos i picked Allback as part of my Fantasy Team in work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Villa & Birmingham fined £5,000 each today for their on field battle last March. bold boys

my contribution to the thread

Ya we got away lightly I think.

Vassell could be sold for 3 million if he doesn't sign soon!!! thats bad news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    Villa & Birmingham fined £5,000 each today for their on field battle last March. bold boys

my contribution to the thread

Id pay another five grand to see Robbie Savage headbutted again, definatly my highlight of the season!

Gooooo on Dion!!!........just a pity you didnt do it hard while you were at it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Vassels injured he wont be playing tomorrow. id say our team will look like this

Sorensen

Delaney Mellberg Alpay Samuel

Hadji McCann Barry Whittingham

Allback Angel

Bench:Encklemann.Johnsen.Hitzlesperger.Dublin,Moore

Advertisement