Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Media Player 9 XP version

Options
  • 30-07-2003 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭

i was wondering is there anything i can get to rip cd's to mp3's instead of wma's.

is there anyway of playing dvds inside windows media player 9 also?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

9 supports dvd's by default.

even supports dvd hardware decoders..

ya for about $15 you can purchase a mp3 encoder that works with wmp8 or 9

its in the help or perferences options of wmp

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

when i stick in my dvd it doesn't play in WMP 9 how can i get it to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

i know why.
    the media player plays dvd's by default BUT ONLY IF THEY ARE NOT COPY-PROTECTED. Initially i thought the same, but i kept renting dvds (just check the cover for the "cp" sign) and it's always the same - i can watch anything as long as its not protected. Give it a shot. (am on series 9 and xp as well)

and to rip cd's to mp3s instead of wav download www.dbpoweramp.com - never leave the house without it :D

cheers i'll try that once i get home from work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    when i stick in my dvd it doesn't play in WMP 9 how can i get it to work?

All my players (WMP 9, Power DVD 4.0, Real PLayer, even actual player that comes with some films) all crash when I try to play a film(even older ones) Someone said its got to do with directx9. Problem is with two pc's. Same things happen.

Where exactly is the copy protected written, I can back up the films that i cant play.

Dempsey,

unless that particular bit of the dvd is covered by a price tag or sumpin, you should see a small triangular sign displaying CP, that's copy protected and your media player will not play those, not even codecs will help you there...

Cr3mo,

what do you think about the DB Poweramp?

forgot to say dempsey, the actual dvd should have "cp" stuck on it as well

i didn't get it i just got CDex instead i'm not too pushed on the DVD side of my question atm it was just for further reference

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

No Copy Protection on them. The programs crash asking to send the error report every media player does it.

• Advertisement

i got it working yippie

all i did was installed power dvd 5 and then it worked that's in relation to the DVD's

CDex is still going well for the cd's

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

http://windowsmedia.microsoft.com/9series/Personalization/plugins.asp?page=4&lookup=Plugins#MP3Create

If you wanna spend money or do something else wink wink

CDex is good 2 seeing thats its free :)

i saw that but how do i do the wink wink bit?

Advertisement