Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just one quick question...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Pfft, if i'd been there i could've singlehandley beaten all of you. if i'd been single. and attractive. and wearing pants.

i'm gonna go now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

Ah now, don't be too hard on the girl. I think all the abuse she got MORE than bordered on sexual harrasement. As for the whole shoe arguement... WHO GIVES A FLYING F**K?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

The two people who cared about the Dubes/Decks thing were Aisling and Dave Brennan. Everybody else just said Dubes to piss off Aisling.

Yeah... it was unfortunate how much DUUUUBES sounded like BOOOO at the Variety show when she got up to play :) Ah well... As I'm a newbie, Barry, what course were you doin this year and would I no you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Engineering. I was on your team in the table quiz.

/me is disgusted at the lack of people associating the real life person Barry Aldwell with the Internet person Barry Aldwell. And that those who do can only remember my avatar.

• Advertisement

OH, Barry. Ah, I remeber you (albeit I remember you as Philip but I'm not good with names.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Originally posted by Peterfing
    I thought Michelle's group won? They had Aisling and Amanda the American didn't they? And they wound up on over forty points (at the least) anyway thanks to Beat the slapper at the last disco.

My RA group won? That's amazing, I thought that we'd have minus points, what with me in the group(yes, I do have self esteem issues. Like every other teenager.). Next year I'll find a way to get minus points and....GET MINUS POINTS FOR MY RA GROUP! Oh, that'll be fun. Especially if people play Beat the Slapper as well as they can and we still lose. HeeHeeHeeHee.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

Yeah... it was unfortunate how much DUUUUBES sounded like BOOOO at the Variety show

i thought everyone was booing for the few few seconds. and then some people did boo, that was mean. and when people booed fat **** john at the presentation thing, that was mean too. that's why i yelled 'shut the **** up ye mingers'. i know me+jane thought of his name (yes, we decided he was a fat ****, but he wasn't deserved of just being called fat ****. he kept on looking at little girl's chests and trying to feel us up and being all slimy.) but my lord, actively booing someone. that's below even me.

aisling wasn't actually that annoying. i didn't know her too well, but she seemed like a nice enough person. her posture annoyed me. i wanted to go and make her stand straight. (that's why i showed her how to walk in those shoes she bought in santry) and pull down her skirt at the disco. and pull up her top. and fix her accent. they're all superficial things that annoyed people. she'd a decent person like.
    although she did claim to be taller than me. which is just plain wrong. she probably woulda been if she'd JUST ****ING STAND STRAIGHT. ****, i was meant to defend her.

PETER!!!!!! (*whispering* pervert...pervert...) you rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

em, please keep this all nice and fluffy. dont go bitching bout people in great detail or bitching about people who arent here. its just not done. cus its ****ty. so em, yeah, thats all from me.

Just to rectify my mistake, Michelle's RA group actually got between 55 and 63 points according to an informative source of mine. (At least ten of these points were with Liam which would account for my RA group also winning):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yeah... it was unfortunate how much DUUUUBES sounded like BOOOO at the Variety show when she got up to play :)

It was even worse at de closing ceremony cos all de parents thought she was gettin booed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

see the thing is, if she walked into my school in those shoes, she'd be appluaded. girls would admire her from a distance, saying ''loike, oh moy gawd, how did she get her hair loike that?''.

i borrowed elaines Doobs twice, once when i dressed up as a dublin4 girl and then again on the last night. it made me feel so... rich.

and aisling was lovely. she let my borrow her rugby jersey. that also made me feel rich

Mentalimplosion; Who are you?
    And Aisling was lovely. ;)

Ah, its official then. From the lips of Aisling herself, who got it from Michelle the RA, their final tally was 63. Awww, bless the little tartlets.

I was in Michelle's RA group. Fortunately I was not a tartlett(1 point!), although I am little. Go me.

I only got one point too. (Still with her!) Who are you Ms Scarlett, I thought I knew all Michelle's group?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 So-on

haha... points = fun...

At the end of the day, 20 or so points means eating face of 20 ppl, which means on average 1 person per day. Which by anyones standards is good work...

As for the mathematics... if an RA group were to sexually implode, then (as I believe the system stands), it would take 5 guys/girls to get together with one of their own 'inclination' to get 20 points for one RA group!!

i.e. (in same RA group) Guy + Guy = 2 + 2 = 4 points for group!!

Or even better - Girl + Girl = 2 + 2 = 4 points *plus street cred for group!!

It's a win win win situation!!

Just think of the ratings...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Originally posted by mentalimplosion
    first of all, 23 is not including however many points we got on the last night. as agroup, we decided NOT to play beat the slapper on the final disco, thus NOT putting ourselves out, thus quite obviously not winning the points yokey mehbob.

and in rebuttal, i was not playing (or trying to play) ''the game''. your observations were wrong, richard. not that you deserve a name, you big name caller.

Not to be an official Cranky-Aul-Bastard, but there's something about that post that REALLY pissed me off. Hmm.

It's strange how I didn't live up to my performance this year, I mean last year, WHOA....just ask Oisín, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

Originally posted by So-on

i.e. (in same RA group) Guy + Guy = 2 + 2 = 4 points for group!!

Or even better - Girl + Girl = 2 + 2 = 4 points *plus street cred for group!!

It's a win win win situation!!

Just think of the ratings...

Tried that last year, they wouldnt count the points, bastards!
    and that guy was such an asshole, i felt so used :(

Who are you Ms Scarlett, I thought I knew all Michelle's group?

I am Áine. This is about the third time I've had to tell someone who I am, excluding my post in the Who's Who thread. And two of you knew me! DOES THE GIR-DRESSED-UP-AS-A-CAT AVATAR AND THE PLATH QUOTE NOT TELL YOU WHO I AM!?!
    Oh, and on the subject of MacDara and the inter-group points;
    HOMOPHOBIC B*******!

• Advertisement

peter! now really, i'm shocked. it's ana from the art class!

remember, we drew you class and i got in trouble for laughing too much and shouting at lorcan because he WOULD NOT STAY STILL and kept leaving to get coffee while i was TRYING to draw his jawline. why i oughta...

Shocked? Why?
    And yes I remember you. I was modelling for Aisling and...oh, Elaine. Limerick Elaine.
    Since you're here Ana, who started the whole 'foeti rock' and 'foeti forever' thing? Not that it wasn't tremendous fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Spenguin

Aisling had a dream about foeti and told Mairead about it. They got obsessed with it and told everyone else about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

On the topic of the homophobism, last year, in Discussion, I brought up the topic of "Blatant homophobism in the organisation" and Seán, who thought no one could see him, put his head in his hands and slighed audibly... twas amusing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Hahaha!

I wasn't there but my vivid imagination lets me laugh at things the rest of you can't!

I got like, 1 point. When I left, my RA group had like, 4.

But I left early. I don't know... ask someone else. I'm tired. I'm going to sleep now!

...............Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

no, the four of us: me, mairead, aisling, and.... oh god, my memory sucks i think it was elaine, were sitting around in a circle in study drawinf each others' ears, by request of ultnan. Aisling and mairead made comments about how much they look like foetuses, growing in wombs. then ultan made a speech about how lots of girls in NCAd do projects on foeti and we wer like... hehehe.. good for you ultan.

a couple of nights later, aisling had ''shade my foetus,baby,'' dream and the whole madness ensued. unfortunately, i was not the instigator

Oh yeah. I was in the circle of drawing too. And Ultan said that girls tend to draw ears more like foeti then boys. He gave aisling nightmares.

make the bad man go away...

no ultan was cool. he could like justin!

#rock ya body!#

At the disco I thought he danced more like a chicken then anything. He was nice though. Except for the times when he wasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 PurplePainter

Am I like the only person who hasn't a notion what my Group got? Im sure it was something normal.. is there anyone from my group here? no? Hmmmm. Well Go Aislinn what with her givin us a kick start.. tee hee.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement