Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just one quick question...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Anyone else noticed that this "one quick question" is the biggest post on the board?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Originally posted by PurplePainter
    Am I like the only person who hasn't a notion what my Group got? Im sure it was something normal.. is there anyone from my group here? no? Hmmmm. Well Go Aislinn what with her givin us a kick start.. tee hee.

Niamh's group right? I think Michelle worked it out that we got about 55 points don't ask me where they all came from but a bunch of people were playing beat the slapper at the disco

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

Originally posted by Spenguin
    At the disco I thought he danced more like a chicken then anything. He was nice though. Except for the times when he wasn't.

No! He didn't dance like a chicken, he danced like Justin! He was great, when was he not nice? When I went to collect my art stuff on the last day he was talking to my mom and it was embarassing cos he was like "Kates such a fantastic girl" etc.
    Actually I have a picture of him dancing but it didnt come out that well. But it does have Ana dancing like a slut in the background.
    How did this thread end up about Ultan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

Twas me talking about foetuses and whatnot that got Ultan involved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭malecO

speaking of points I have no idea what we got. I was in Rory's group but he couldn't have cared less about the points thingy. Nor can I actually.

• Advertisement

Anyone else amused by the fact that "one quick question" turned into a 4 page thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

Originally posted by twirly sponge

Actually I have a picture of him dancing but it didnt come out that well. But it does have Ana dancing like a slut in the background.

I DO NOT DANCE LIKE A SLUT. but you are not showing that picture to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Squeee

Wooot!!! My group really did win. And they weren't lying about the points. Well then. And I only thought 23 was a really ****ty score coz I thought that your whole group had played beat the slapper and still only got twenty three.....hee.
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

Squeee! yay!
    did we win? really? really? i thought other gorups had more than 23 and they weren't lying! but yay if we did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Just a quick note: Everyone DOES know that you don't actually get ANYTHING for winning the points? I mean, the only people who benefit are the RAs, so it's practically fruitless to do it.

Also Jaffer & Co, I can safely say this is definitely NOT the biggest thread in the forum. Some of the threads from last year and before are scarily big. So pah.

[offtopic]Also, you know who annoys me? The little bastard kid in the shop I was just in who held up the entire shop by looking at the 20c sweets and going "I want 2 of X, no make that one" and then a minute later after the clerk just typed up his order, he says "I want 2 of that and 3 of that". The ****er. Luckily he lives near enough so I'm buying a pistol. [/offtopic]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Before Fio "trimmed" (read took out all the spam) the What is CTYI thread was 9+ pages on 40 posts per page (the default is 20)

And all the RAs get out of the points is bragging rights with people they probably won't know for more than 3 weeks more. Still, I pity Keith (I think it was Keith), whose group didn't shower, so he ended up with 7 or 8 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I heard that the RA who's group gets the least points has to buy the other RA's drinks. And we get bragging benefits out of it "My group were ubersluts and your's weren't :p " and so on and so forth. It's also a good reason to be a slut, if you want to. But we don't get drinks or anything out of it so it's similar to slavery-we do the work and the RA's get the benefits. So no, I didn't play Beat the Slapper etc. for dignity reasons-not wanting to be a slut or an RA's unpaid servant.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Actually, before i edited the who's who it was 9 i think. down to 2 when i edited it. god i was so knackered after it. and i stand by my lack of more than one point per year (and damn proud of it)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

i played beat the slapper cos it was fun. and silly. and i got loads of points for my mary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

ya big dirty hoor, ya

Some of the RAs got really into the whole thing. Niamh tried to impose a five-point minimum for the first disco. I think she was joking but she looked pretty serious...

Rory was the best, he didn't give a blue flying fcuk about the points system, and whenever anyone in our group asked how we were doing he just shrugged and changed the subject.
    I miss rory

Yeah, as I said before Rory couldn't have given a crap about this. He even said that all he could really be bothered with were the student/RA games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

And he cheated like mad in those. Imagine what it would have been like if he got into the whole points thing! :D He'd probably have started pimping us off! The points system was fun tho. If more people took part seriously it would have made things a lot more casual there.

Did anyone here go to sess 2 in 2001 and if so do they remember adam pimping his ra group?

• Advertisement

Actually I don't think Rory was serious about any stuff like that. He cheated in the student/RA games but he still didn't really give a sh*te in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

heh, yeah. then He told us what all the mystery prizes were :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

And we got the good ones, and paid through the arse for them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 PurplePainter

Hmm Is that kate from My RA Group? As in Kate who was down the hall from me and I love so dear? :D did we get 55? *gasp* Me oh my I thought we did much less than that. Niamh was so serious. she used to come into our rooms at night and pump us for info on who we liked etc so she could work her evil magic. She also cheated in the student games. But we love her because she was nice!

ULTAN AND FOETI How could I have missed out on such interesting conversation. Aisling, I think she scared the **** outta ultan with her foetus talk, but it was so so funny, and I MISSED HIS JUSTIN DANCING on the last night. I havent a clue where I was at the time, but when I came to look he was gone. lol. was he locked like the rest of em?
    I never want to draw another ear as long as I live, they suck.

Yup it's that Kate. And damn all you other Kates usurping my name. Grrr. (Not really I'm sure you're all lovely.)
    But yeah Niamh was really serious. She saw Nigel hanging around with Grace and me and started talking to him to find out which one of us he liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

i spotted you + nigel liking each other kate, that fateful day in the bots. i was like '...ooooh...', and then you were all SARSed (didn't stop me though ;-) heh heh heh ). but by the time it dawned on me to do some setting up you were married with six children, i mean, um...together :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by Jaffer
    Did anyone here go to sess 2 in 2001 and if so do they remember adam pimping his ra group?
    I was in his RA group. So much pimping. We actually grabbed girls in from the corridor during RA meetings. Good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

So then, I felt like bringing this thread back to the publc's attention... Who's RA group won the points game in Session 2 then?
    Did Michelle encourage her girls to tart around again?

We actually grabbed girls in from the corridor during RA meetings

Yeah, he told stephen about it last year and he did the same.

Then it backfired when girls started grabbing us

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Originally posted by Peterfing
    Did Michelle encourage her girls to tart around again?

I was in Michelle's group in Session 1 and I don't think that she encouraged us to tart around, unless I wasn't there when she did. There just seemed to be a lot of people willing to play Beat the Slapper.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement