Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership Top Scores This Season

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

FFS, what do you mean Raul is not in the same bracket as ROnaldo? Hes a sensational player...hes on par with Ronaldo if not better, at times...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

ronaldo has tricks, flair, pace. raul has poaching ability like shearer and pace thats about it.

madrid value him at over 100m, now if thats not over-priced i dont know what is. plus he hasnt won a any major trophy for his country. all great players win wordcups, euro championships etc..

ronaldo is better than ruud and raul, henry and the rest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Originally posted by smemon
    ronaldo has tricks, flair, pace. raul has poaching ability like shearer and pace thats about it.

madrid value him at over 100m, now if thats not over-priced i dont know what is. plus he hasnt won a any major trophy for his country. all great players win wordcups, euro championships etc..

yes becdause we all know that Van Basten, Haggi, stoichkov, savicevic, Gullit, rijkaard, Maldini, Baggio and Cryuff all won world cups...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

could we plese stick to the premier league.Also Nistelrooy scored 8 penaltys last year Henry got 4(and 3 free kicks) so from open play its a draw 17 each.Also the 1 who scores the most goals isnt always the best. man utd and arsenal both have great midfielders to set up there strikers. Southampton dont and if beattie comes 1 or 2 behind the top striker he's the best(but i dont think he will do that good this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Top Scorer = best striker . Ruud s the man.
    How many of you arguing against him would not want him in your team?

Me i much rather henry and beatie and shearer and hasselbaink and gudjohonnson and viduka and etc.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭marct

as a die- hard Utd fan you should be agreeing with Fergie on the subject who has stated on more than one occasion, that he would have Raul over any striker in the world. As for having no skill, does your guide dog bark to tell you whats going on in the football on TV:D He has more skill than ANT striker in the Prem. He holds up the ball masterfully even though he isnt a big guy and he does'nt miss-ever. BTW if you think that defences in La Liga are'nt up to scratch- get a better guide dog!

defences in la liga are probably one of the worst ive ever seen. it doesnt take a genius to work out strikers will make a name for themselves here.

ronaldo is the best in the world, zidane the best midfielder, nesta best defender and buffon best keeper. id love to see 'perfect' raul up against nesta in the champs league final.

someone would take james beattie over ruud??? thats like taking phil babb over nesta. 80 goals in 2 seasons says it all.

Van Basten, Haggi, stoichkov, savicevic, Gullit, rijkaard, Maldini, Baggio and Cryuff. take cryuff and van basten out of that and the rest are not what i'd call world class. raul doesnt belong with the pele's of this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bort

Originally posted by Big Ears
    Me i much rather henry and beatie and shearer and hasselbaink and gudjohonnson and viduka and etc.....

over Ruud?

surely you jest?
    in that case how bout adding tore andre flo and adi akinbye (sp?) to that list?

• Advertisement

defences in la liga are probably one of the worst ive ever seen. it doesnt take a genius to work out strikers will make a name for themselves here.

ronaldo is the best in the world, zidane the best midfielder, nesta best defender and buffon best keeper. id love to see 'perfect' raul up against nesta in the champs league final.

someone would take james beattie over ruud??? thats like taking phil babb over nesta. 80 goals in 2 seasons says it all.

Van Basten, Haggi, stoichkov, savicevic, Gullit, rijkaard, Maldini, Baggio and Cryuff. take cryuff and van basten out of that and the rest are not what i'd call world class. raul doesnt belong with the pele's of this world.

Are you high? Why bring all these other players into the debate? Maldini isnt world class eh? He would be in 9 out of ten peoples ALL TIME world 11. Every player you mentioned there except Savicevic was undoubtedly world class. Did you ever see Gullit play or Rijkaard for that matter- they would walk into the Utd team and probably the Real team as well.
    As for Nesta, he has had a terrible season according to...Nesta himself:mad: If this is a deliberate wind up- stop trolling the board...

Ade Aykenbayi over ruud seens good to me :) the main thing im trying to say is i would like my strikers to score outside the box Nistelrooy would not stand out in an average team Viduka and beatie do.

the main thing im trying to say is i would like my strikers to score outside the box Nistelrooy would not stand out in an average team Viduka and beatie do.

The main reason that ruud does not score from outside the box is that he doesnt shoot from out there. He carries the ball in and makes sure of his goal mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bort

Ade Aykenbayi over ruud seens good to me :) the main thing im trying to say is i would like my strikers to score outside the box Nistelrooy would not stand out in an average team Viduka and beatie do.

need i remind you that Ruud plays up front mostly on his own? anywhoo Beatie could and has gone 15 - 20 games without scoring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

smemon, I hope for your sake your trying to wind every one up cause if you aren't your credibility in these boards is less than Zero. Raul is easily up there with Ronaldo. Ronaldo isn't the heart and soul of Real Madrid Raul is. Ronaldo, while I agree is a world class player, is still only as good as Raul at best. If you take Ronaldo out of the Real Madrid team you still have a team that won the Champions League. Take Raul out and thats the end of them.

And whats all this crap about La Liga. Its true that they have bad defences but maybe you haven't noticed that Raul also played in the Champions League, and if I'm not mistaken is he not the top scorer in the Champions League?

And if you haven't dug a grave deep enough for your self you came out and said this

I rest my case.

as ive already stated, raul scores goals and yes he's a good striker, but thats all he does.

ronaldo is on a different planet to anyone at the moment. raul is spain's gem, like england's becks. he's overhyped, i never said he wasnt a good player. strikers are there to score goals, and he scores goals, fair enough.

but its putting him in dream teams and saying he's one of the greatest ever players, i dont like. and im not too bothered about my credibility, im not here to agree with people and blend in, these forums are to post your views, people dont agree with them, thats ok.

• Advertisement

Fair enough on the opinions thing but you still havent said how you can justify saying that Haggi, stoichkov, Gullit, rijkaard, Maldini, Baggio arent world- class. All of them bar none would walk into the Utd team. Fact!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

just my 2c about RVN

I think he is pure class when it comes to getting goals nobody does it better. But the quality of the goals has a lot to be desired in my opinion. The fact that you can only really name 2 goals , v arsenal and v fulham, that i would rank as being quality, means that if i were choosing a dream team of entertaining players i would choose rb keane above RVN.

i don't think RVN is an entertainer but a boring tapinist.

means that if i were choosing a dream team of entertaining players i would choose rb keane above RVN.

Robbie Keane ah you have to be taking the p1ss.

I presume you have not seen RVN goals from the states tour.
    Anyway as its Quantity not quality that decides where the title goes at the end of the season utd supporters are more than happy with Rudds goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I've had a great ol' laugh reading this thread .... but seriously, do some people actually understand the term striker??
    the main thing im trying to say is i would like my strikers to score outside the box Nistelrooy would not stand out in an average team Viduka and beatie do.

I do believe that a goal scored from inside the box and a goal scored from outside of the box both achieve the same thing .... me personally, I couldn't careless where the goals are scored from .... A goal's a goal :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Phat you're so right. This thread is hilarious. :p

A striker is someone who is paid to score goals for their team. If he gets a lot of goals then he is a very good striker. If he does not score a lot of goals then he is an average striker. Where and how the goals are scored is beside the point.
    Ruud is a very good striker
    Thierry is a very good striker
    Michael Owen is a very good striker
    Who is better than who ? Does it really matter ?

Here's a question for yis...Which colour do you perfer : Light blue, blue or darker blue ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

its obviosly going to be between van Nistelrooy and Henry,with Beattie or Shearer just behind them.I would favour van Nistelrooy as he is one of the best strikers in the world

Advertisement