Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

half Life ORIGINAL - 30 euro

Options
  • 31-07-2003 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

Why is it so expensive? I went into game today to buy an old game and they were looking for 30 Euro...are they serious? is there a place where i can pick this up for 15 yo yo's?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Why is it so expensive?

well...
    I went into game today

theres your problem.

you can get it for £7.99 off play.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

Thats ridiculous isnt it? this is an oldgame. They have championship manager 3 for a tenner ffs.
    Thanks for the link though...what a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

There's a new Championship Manager released every year though. And now CM4 is out CM3 is almost obsolete.
    GAME probably reckon that with HL2 coming out, the original might get a bit of demand with first time players wanting to see what all the hype is about. Also they are just rip off merchants.

ye suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Wait a minute, that's a GAME uniform! You're not the Wallet inspector! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Half Life for PC has been €15 for ages. Are you sure it is not the four disc set with the blue cover that has all the extra add-ons that they are selling for €30???

If not, then GAME have really plunged to new depths...

The four game box set was 45 euro. i thought that was a bit much too to be honest. Maybe the girl got mixed up or something cos she brought me over this one with a blue box and half life has an orange one...so maybe it was another part of it or something...stil a rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Saw Half Life: Generations (including all the add-ons and CS) for 25 eurons in Game on Grafton st.

It's gas, they're having a sale and most of their stuff is still about 5 quid more than Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The Half Life bestseller edition is more like 15 or 20 euros (even in Game when I checked). Look in the budget games section.

I went to Game on Grafton Street and thats what she gave me. I assume she got it wrong...thick bitch though.

• Advertisement

BTW: Wheres Smyths located?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I picked up a compilation called Total Elimination the other day in there -
    Half Life
    Return To Castle Wolfenstein
    Red Faction
    and Rogue Spear

all for the pricely sum of 12.50 yoyos, you really can't beat that........

That exact set in Game on Grafton Street is 45 euro. I **** you not. I saw it with my own eyes.

Where did you buy it?

sorry, should have stated which shop first.....
    it's the one on Dawson Street - it's 49.50 - 75%...........

You picked up that box set for 12.50 euro in game on dawson street(brand new or second hand?)?

Whats 49.50? 75%...?????

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by UbahOne
    BTW: Wheres Smyths located?

In Dublin city centre it's near where the IMAX was, I think they’re also some where around Dublin and in Galway.

Dublin phone number - 01 8782878.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Just to let you know I picked up HL in GAME in belfast for 5 sterling (less than 10 yoyos i believe)

UbahOne,
    It was new and they still have a few copies of the compilation, at least they did yesterday afternoon.............and they are new....

went into the Game on Grafton Street, totally different shop, same company but like a different world for prices, and I've always found the shop on Dawson Street cheaper.......

Wolf, everything is cheaper in Belfast now, it's generally cheaper to ship anything into Ireland from abroad though, when it comes to discounted games though you still sometimes get a bargin here.......

**** man, and Game are meant to be having a sale. Im gonna have to check out the Dawson Street one from now on. The whole of grafton street stinks like a giant ASS now anyway, especially outside Burger King...stinky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

In Game in Henry St HL is €15, and the Generations pack is €30.....

• Advertisement

maybe she gave me the second one then...i dont know. I asked for half life...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Originally posted by Absolam
    In Game in Henry St HL is €15, and the Generations pack is €30.....
    Ditto Tallaght. and with me staff discount, half life generations becomes €21.:D
    went into the Game on Grafton Street, totally different shop, same company but like a different world for prices, and I've always found the shop on Dawson Street cheaper.......

theyre fuppin ripoff merchants there.

Advertisement