Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PLAXO - information harvesting ?

• 31-07-2003 10:24am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.plaxo.com/products

Just got one of these requests in ...

Anyone heard of this ? - It's from the same guy's who started Napster.

There are the usual guarenatees of security and privacy and it's free. But as anyone who was on Hotmail knows - when you get taken over by a bigger company - security and privacy may not be as tight in the future.

Then there is all the pinging and daily bounces and pop-ups..

Also for corporates there is the problem of information leakage ...

Any comments or opinions or facts on this....

Also the info seems to be stored in the US - how does that impact our data protection laws - can I ask PLAXO to remove all the info they store on me or can I ask them to show it all - if not them who is liable if it is incorrect...

Maybe I'll just treat it like opinion polls - it's your duty to lie in everything except the census - so the market researchers / data miners don't get trusted ;)

=====================================

As your friends and contacts join Plaxo, you will be automatically kept up-to-date -- no emails necessary. Your address book will be automatically kept up-to-date with the latest contact information of your friends and contacts that join Plaxo. This synchronization happens automatically on a daily basis (as long as Outlook is running).

Plaxo gives you 24x7 Web-based access to a secure back-up copy of your contact list. You can sign-in to Plaxo with any Web browser and get access to your complete address book when you are away from your desk. You also have access to the Plaxo features available inside Outlook (e.g. send update requests, edit your cards, send your cards, etc.).

Advertisement