Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bicycle Recommendations

• 20-08-2000 10:11pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just a query to ask what is a good mountain bike brand/type for every day road use, price £150-200 range.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Think you'd pick up something like a GT Palomar or Outpost model for about £200, this was a year ago mind you.Or something like a British Eagle bike for the same price, good sturdy bikes for all uses, except sex, no sirry, dont EVER mess with these babies when having sex, I heard this guy caught his ..... no , we'll leave it at that. And we're all none the wiser

It's about a society in freefall....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Townsend.

they're cheap, cheerful, weigh a ton and last longer than a tank in a tank museum...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

If you go down to the bypass in Limerick I'm sure you could bargin with the knackers for one of those deadly machines that they have, you know the ones with the tractor tire on the back, shopping trolley wheel on the front and harley handlebars that you have to stand on the crossbar to reach.Now that is a bike.I'm heading down to them when I get back anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

For 200 I reckon your best bet is to get a good second hand bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

i got a townsend for £150 on a trade in about 31/2 years ago and it is great. it is heavy as hell but it gets me where i'm going. it is the budget choice but you won't go far wrong. if you dont need to be a 133+ cycle d00d then do it.

It is so lonely here in my indecipherable tower of speech impedimency

• Advertisement
Advertisement