Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom ADSL Dlink 504 router problem

Options
  • 31-07-2003 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi

Has anyone had a similar problem as this.

Using Dlink 504 router connected to Eircom ADSL.
    Works away and then suddenly stops.
    Need to restart the router numerous times. On each restart I can access the router through IE - the status varies from NO LCP RESPONSE, PEER ABORT.
    If I try to connect the router seems to hang and then I need to restart it again. Until eventually it all works again.

If I disconnect the adsl line from the router I have no problems accessing the router internally. When I connect the line back in then I have the same problem again and I need to restart the router.

The router firmware is updated. This is the second router we have put in. We have tested the router on a different site with the same configuration and all works ok.

Does this point to an Eircom problem. As usual they say all is ok at their end.

Anyway, the question is ,does anyone or did anyone have similar problems, even if with another router?

Thanks is advance
    Paddyo

Advertisement