Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zbot accusations gettin outta hand.

Options
  • 03-03-1999 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

Firstly i'am been accused by people of using Zbot. LOL thats a laugh as i was the one who got onto Nog about getting the protection and i was aware that they had but the d11 thing up.
    Everyone assumes that everyone playing q2 is a Computer genious. Well sorry lads i wouldn't know how to use a Zbot if it came up and hit me in the noggin.
    With my brillent lack of knowledge on Computers in general i was using an old impluse command or some such as a quit key for about 2 months now was always wondering why it never worked on ffa, My quit button that was.
    And it seems it stems back to the first Zboting accusation throwing around time, when MAx tryed it out on an empty Server to try and be able to spot people using it. But never got rid of a bind to some wierd command. Right to be honest i don't use a Zbot and ppl who think i do WELL you can F*ck off as i don't care. Anyone who knows me Nog etc know i'am not very aware of how to do things computers etc like that.Sorry but all i do is get mail and play q2 q2 and hey more q2. And Soon Q3. smile.gif

Plus a question to q1 guys Coyote is getting accused as well. Is it possible that your q1 binds would effect bot protection in q2? Like impluse commands Maxmilian tryed even typing impluse on its own as a test and low and behold was kicked, not using a bot mearly said impluse that does not make you a bot user. I think Shank and Cave should think long and hard before they go sticking up a list of people and setting the scene for these people to be getting no end of **** from little **** stirrers like Tecno and Keg giving Coyote a hard time last night.Well Coyote i'am on your side if i'am accused and i knoe i'am not a bot user and you are too then YOu and anyone else accused as far as iam concerned arent either. There is oftten simple reasons to the ppl being kicked but your all so wanting to catch someone using one you don't give the person accused time to explain you just publish it on your litle web site.

Sad really
    JM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

OHh yeah it must be the reason i'am playing so wonderfully well lately hey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

right, enough of the zbot sh!te. I went to the trouble of getting the dll for cloud to install, cloud installed it, there are no more zbot users on the quake.ie servers. the dll will be updated and improved whenever hacked bots appear. so less of the crap.

the dll kicks if any impulse commands are sent to the server. this does not always mean the user had a bot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Okay to put and end to this once and for all. There are no ZBot users currently active on any Quake.IE Servers. Coyote, who seems to be getting the brunt of the accusations has been cleared completely. He sent me his config last night and he had several keys bound to impulse 3 4 and 5.

I presume this is the case with the rest of the people who are on the Log, as to be quite frank they aren't playing very well. And if they ARE using a bot, its ****e and quite frankly I would let them continue. As long as they didn't upgrade the bot or anything of course...

I just logged onto war1 from work, typed impulse 7 from the console to select an RL q1 style and *kick* I was out smile.gif

so everyone make sure your configs are clean from any old impulse commands, and any old *ahem* zbot test installs.

I don't want to see the quake.ie servers full of whinning prats shouting "BOT !!" at anyone who pulls off a good shot. The servers are now PROTECTED, so none of this crap anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Hey Nog did your Bot write that? tongue.gif

Just as a matter of intrest, I know a cheat that bypassed the bot code. I'll mail you it and you can see if it still works.

... WWMan, actually it's not a bot hack. BTW Cloud your smileys come out expanded ?

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 03-03-99).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well, i know coyote doesnt use a Zbot coz even i have beaten him wink.gif
    im with castor... wtf is impulse commands???
    hobbes did you have send around my hack for the zbots? geez, im never gonna get any advantage now!!! smile.gif
    is anyone gonna be on tonight coz i finally got q2 re-installed (managed to lose me config.. again though!) and i havent played on line for about 4 weeks now. need lots of practise for the new clan smile.gif
    of course, if yer playein tribes..........?

white(how do i instal a zbot)wash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

ahh now whitey less of the pretending, ofcourse you know what the 'impluse' command is, you little trekkie you. Many a time I've seen you on the top of a hill on your beloved copper the USS WHITEY. 'Impluse 9' you shout before starting to peddle your *ahem* starship down that hill, all the while shouting 'She canna take it nomore capt'in', when you get to use your third gear

Whats a impluse command me arrse.

Just thought I'd clear the following up:

impluse = impulse
    copper = chopper (bicycle)

ButcherOfNog
    Translation Services

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

Ahhh ok shank i knew there was something wrong with it when i suddenly began to lose all the time.
    Frankly its all started when we got the intelli mouse. Just can't seem play well.

But i'll get crackin on updating jold Bot then hey smile.gif

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Impulse 174 was the command to switch on and off the zbot, if a friend who's not mistaken told me once he read that somewhere correctly smile.gif

Coyote's problem was that he used a modified Q1 .cfg which contained an impulse cmd or two and inadvertantly kicked himself from the server. I was talking to him last night about it and went back on FFA, typed impulse 1 and was promptly kicked. Problem identified. cl_Warp 9 doesn't do much at all and is a silly command in any case.

JM's excuse is hilarious. Back when the last bot scare was causing mass hysteria, I checked out the zbot. I think there was a link up on Q2N or Warmachine or something so I imagine quite a few folks did. Anyway, the bot cfg commands managed to replicate themselves into config.cfg's all over the place and I never noticed them. Old JM has been using one of these keys as, believe it or not, a quit button smile.gif Dumb-ass wink.gif If anyone else tested the bot, you'll have to trawl through all the config.cfg's in each directory and delete the offending impulse commands. And finally, when I did test the bot it was on an empty server. Well, largely empty wink.gif I did call myself Mr.Bot though, not that the unfortunate punter noticed anything.

I'm crap with the railgun, I wish people would accuse me of **** sad.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭tecno

Whats this about giving coyote a hard time ffs get your facts right i can give u the logs if u want or u could just actually read them yourself u will see that i asked him "Coyote do you use a bot " and went on to say there is logs of your name using a bot then i followed that by saying i think someone is using your name and playing with a bot .
    <tecno> coyote going to be straght have you ever used a bot?
    <[DF]Coyote> no
    <tecno> .... maybe someone using your name is it ??? thats the only way
    Next time think about what u going to type i hate u u hate me but lets not bring false accusations on this board ok.
    P.S wasnt your bro using BORK just asking
    P.P.S If Coyote took me the wrong way im sorry but i wanted to know.

have to agree with Max, Bens excuse was the most lame ever, even cloud said so smile.gif having said that i never doubted the lad, hes a goo lad.

and coyote got kicked on impulses used to select q1 weapons, so i apologise for kicking you off the war server after the zbot code kicked you 3 times in a row smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

People starting to defend themselves before the list is even put up smile.gif

I did mean to stick it up earlier but, damn my overworked underpaid ass.

Oh yeah Janey yr playin has been a bit off lately, I'd think about updatin that bot wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Without wishing to damage my rep as a quake2 God, what the hell is an impulse command?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

ButcherOfNog you were right to kick someone
    for being kicked off the server 3 times for useing a zbot, the thing is the server did not tell me why i was kicked and i thought it was just tinet, and then when i aksed for the joincode you just kicked me and i did not know why then, it was fair enough to have kicked me cose you thought I was useing a bot.
    The thing is the keys with the impulse 3 ect.
    were keys on the left side of the keyboard and as I move over to the KP and the mouse in Q2, I had not binded over the key so when i was trying to write things to people but I keep forgating to press T to type in text the binded key were saying "impluse 3".
    The other thing is that no one told me that I was in the clear just found out when i was looking a this message.
    thanks WhiteWashMan for your vote of confidence in my Q2 playing skills.

Now on a unrelated topic dose anyone know where I can download Zbot99 to kick WhiteWashMan ass smile.gif

www.superninjaaimbot.com

thats where i got mine. you'll need it to kick my ass young fella! 3 weeks with no q2 cept for a few hours in the nethouose last friday. god, withdrawl symptoms setting in. and ive lost my f*ckin config..again!

bind [ "set fov 120"
    bind ] "exec zbot.cfg"
    echo "zbot activated"
    say "hi... im castor troy an you will all die"

hmmm, sorry castor, just looking through your current config wink.gif
    white(i didnt do it, nobody saw me do it, you cant prove anything)wash

by the way, i think i now hold record for lowest sensitivity. down to 4. damn these bloody mousey wheely things.
    whats this wee program you can get to alter intellimouse sensitivity settings sort of things? i know hecate and castor use em. gimme more crap to play with!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

The thing you are looking is a program that Adjusts the sampling rate of you computer.
    the sampling rate is 40Hz on win 95/98 there use to be no way to improve this but there is now two programs avalable

This program will tell you what you sampling rate you have
    http://www.bluesnews.com/files/misc/mouserate.shtml

This program will change the sampling rate
    http://www.bluesnews.com/files/misc/ps2mouserate.shtml

Advertisement