Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career Consultants

• 31-07-2003 11:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

OK been doing alot of thinking lately. I've been involved in IT sales now for nearly 10 years and I am sick of it. I need a change but I don't know what I want to do. I have heard about going to Career Consultants to help you focus on the type of career/job that suits your skills and desires, unfortunately I know no one that has used them.

Has anyone here used services like this and if so can they point me in their direction.

Gandalf.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I'm thinking of using their services myself. Like you I've heard they are good but can't think of people that have been.

I'll most likely doss about for a few more years first though (only 24 and not exactly career orientated just yet).

That's a good point - while I'm dossing about are there things that I could be doing that would be an enhancement to future career prospects - rather than just going to Oz and picking berries. Would these career guys have suggestions on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

A previous employer brought them in during the time they were making us redundant. Their advice was pretty damn good - so they might be worth a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Do you remember their name etc ??

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

If you post up your experience and skills people on this board will help with suggestions I'm sure. Presumably you don't want to go back to sales of any sort...

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Scottish

Try these guys, I was going to use them, but have had too much other stuff going on to find the time - www.pinpoint.ie

They are expensive (€450 I think) but they do a battery of psychometric tests and have a number of consultation meetings with you. Seem to be quite switched on.

I don't know anyone who has used them though. 10% discount if you say that you saw them on Irishjobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by gandalf
    Do you remember their name etc ??

Gandalf.

Company was called DBM if I recall correctly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Originally posted by Gerry
    If you post up your experience and skills people on this board will help with suggestions I'm sure. Presumably you don't want to go back to sales of any sort...

Cheers for the offer Gerry but I would prefer to keep it a private process.

Gandalf.

Advertisement