Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dive insurance in Ireland

Options
  • 31-07-2003 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Quick note first, I'm still compling the list on diving Shop's/Schools/Clubs etc. will post soon.

I'm an Advanced Open Water with PADI, and not a member of any club as such, therefore I was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat (excuse the pun) as me reference Dive Insurance, I have none nor do I know who to talk to with reference to getting some. It will only be used in Ireland so Travel Insurance won't cover me, I know DAN is world wide but I can not find an Irish contact, Any info would be helpfull.

EG. Name of Insurance group,
    Rough Cost , Amount of Cover, Contact Number.

TIA.
    beersmiley.gif "The Voices in my head have stop talking, now they are singing, and one bastard is out of tune." Mack

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Mackjohn,

I've got insurance with DAN. I don't really think i'd go with anyone else as i've heard that DAN are the job for getting people to the chamber pronto. AFAIK one phone call to DAN and the wheels start to turn.

I go my DAN insurace online. www.diversalertnetwork.org. No irish contact needed.

IT says it about 70 euro...give or take. Its a small price to pay considering that any dive you do you could be on the way to a chamber.....and i don't know who foots the bill if you're not insured.

Plus i read on divernet that the price of a trip to the chamber (since ireland doesn't have one now) from the west coast is in the region of 2million. A trip in the ole chopper is a bit pricey. I'd link the article but i can't find it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

the price of a trip to the chamber (since ireland doesn't have one now) from the west coast is in the region of 2million

OMFG...My jolly nice chopper ride from the East coast to Galway cost me a grand total of 25 quid and that for the Galway A&E Dept. visit. Is the chamber now closed?? That's hardly suprising as it was on it's last legs. Shocking that there is now no chamber, what about the Navy one??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Another place to get Diving Insurance

Is there a chamber in Newry ???

Or Cork?? - Must admit I never heard of them!

"
    Another place to get Diving Insurance
    Might find yourself a bit short there, they only cover a part of the cost then "However, the maximum recoverable amount under this policy in the aggregate shall not exceed €225,000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

There was a reccomendation by some inspecting body to close the "only remaining hyperbaric chamber in ireland" recently.

The navy chamber can't be counted on by recreational divers since it may be in use for navy reasons.

the article by the irish times is here

Although i think the money won't appear with McCreavy in power, that sonofabitch has a tighter fist than a hydraulic vice. Its a shame since the chamber can be use to treat medical problems like cancer and such diseases. Its not just for divers.

Advertisement