Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results?

Options
  • 31-07-2003 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

Anyone know wht time the schools start giving out the results? It's 12pm online i think. Oh and it's th 13th of Aug i think.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

I would go to your school at around 8/8:30 unless you hear otherwise. The results get couriered in early in the morning, afaik.

}:>

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Who would dare go that early???? Unless your a complete genius and are confident with your pending results. I wouldnt show my face till everyone else is gone..apart 4pm or so. Check. If good i'd ring home (my school is very far from home.) then to the pub with everyone else. If bad straight to the pub no one else is going.

Why go early?

Its the last inkling of any childhood u had. Build it into an anti climax...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 irish_hung_hunk

yeah the results??? ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG well dere gonn b dere at 8 30 no pub opens till 12 30 so thats when im heading in for them it will be a **** cause i know i failed pass maths so im ****ed so double vodka's n red bull plz!!! guys ill need dem to tell my me parents since i was stoned n didn;t go into the exam oops!!!! so i ll have to repeat ave to go through all this again next yr ugh
    ok sum piss up on wed 13 aug n good luck every1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I assumed you got an A1 in Honours English.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally posted by Sangre
    I assumed you got an A1 in Honours English.

rofl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 BenII

i was wondering, when/where do we get the official results in printed format on a nice sheet of paper like we did with our junior cert, not those yellow slips your school hands out. it's kinda important for me as i wanna both, frame it and secondly i need it to get into university in canada
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

seriously, their there at half eight, hmmm, the ooner the better for me, personally, and i know afew early bars around dublin so 8.30 will be grand

usually its a couple of months before you recieve them, but i think yo ucan go get it yourself. The piece of paper should be enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 BenII

great :mad:
    thanks anyways. do those yellow slips get mailed home aswell btw?

Don't know, you should ask at your school, i'm pretty sure you can go into the department and get an advanced cert, though having never done the leaving before i can't be sure

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

All you need to do is send on your results together with school number, exam number and any other code printed on the form. You should clear it up with the admissions office of where you plan to go as it can be arranged with the Department of Education and Science to forward your results for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

early pubs eh... do tell
    :D
    pfft im sorted, ive got a bottle of jameson to drown my sorrows
    a litre bottle no less
    i wont even remember my results... or my name for that matter....

time to rethink this plan of mine....

Im gonna try and not read this board...just make me feel bad.

I think Ill put the likes of Sev and PHB on my ignore list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

will prob go down at 9
    thank gawd for the ancient west of ireland tradition of drinking in fields early in the morning....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Yeah well afaik i did pretty bad so im gonna head in around 12 pm, get the results, think about the next move (as in the next year) and once i meet up with the lads around half 1, just head to the pub. Its gonna be a heavy day's drinking.

I wish ye all the best anyway with ye're results. No one who managed to find these boards could possibly be dumb enough to have a *reallly poor* leaving. Ciao!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

im gonna get mine on the internet at 12, school is a twenty minute drive away, and i dont wanna face my principal after i get my results, he was expectin me to do the best i could, and i only did (i hope) as well as i needed to get into my first choice course :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Xerxes

Did the leaving last year and didn't get the actual cert until April this year, but I was an external candidate so it may come sooner for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MR. 999

Does anyone know if all the schools get the results at the same time or do they differ?
    The sooner theese results come the better.
    Just think in one week we will all have got our results and will be waiting for our college applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I know st. lius dont get their results till 10.
    They recieve them at 9:00 in the morning but they have to transcribe the results and put them in envelopes etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭canker

I think they all come in around the same time (8ish I'm led to believe).

Also will someone check to see if they can get their results online now? at www.examinations.ie/results you can type in your exam no. and pin to get them but mine is getting rejected, I guess this is because its not up and running yet but you never know, that page isn't linked to from anywhere, i just typed it in (dont know why??)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Rejected here too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Zachary Taylor

Unless Dave, we could hide just inside the main gates and jump the postman. Simon was telling me he's going to be a reception at 7:00 but that's a bit early, unless you are desperate enough to sell your soul and join him in his nepotism. If neither of those plans appeal to you, I would be there long before ten anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I give the results site five minutes before its down. So I guess I’ll stroll down to collect my results near 12. This board depresses more and more as the day fast approaches. I don’t think I could handle going in as soon as the school opens, what with everyone asking what'd you get? The worst aspect will be the intrusive phone calls from those distant relations who couldn't give a crap about you all year round, but are so eager to find out what you got to see which cousin inherited the brains, and which the brawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭wiensta

Well, Im lookin forward to the results..

A rich uncle of mine decided one day a year or so ago that he'd give me a euro for every point I got.. So even if I do really badly I still win :cool:

Sorry if that made you all feel annoyed or even more frustrated... dont be, the money will soon evaporate to the sound of clinking beer bottles.. As Im sure most of yours will :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I'm praying I get somewhere close to 400 points (preferrably above - we can but dream eh?). If that happens I should have enough money to have an extremely fun night. Otherwise I'm completely buggered. <sigh>

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Ack! 4 Days. Enjoy blissful - or sweating - ignorance while you can! ;) .

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Best of luck everyone. I'm sure that all of you will have a big smile of joy on your faces when you read your results on Wednesday.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

dont trust the online results, last year it gave me 3 wrong results, it said i got a b2 in 3 subs which in fact i got an a1 in all 3, i checked online after i went to school cause i only found the dam sheet with my password so beware

Where is everyone in Dublin going that night?

Looks like Red Box is on the agenda for me, anyone else going there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Well I've worked 73 hours in the past 5 days so money is definitely not an issue. Averaging 4hours 45 minutes sleep a night has kind of turned me into a walking zombie. So in many respects I fear Wednesday, yet welcome it with open arms as I’ll be able to get a decent nights sleep on Tuesday night - hopefully, unless I’m struck down with anxiety.

Advertisement