Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone live on samsung v200?

• 31-07-2003 4:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if you connect to the vodafone live menu using a samsung V200 do you get the actual menu or a redirect to the standard vodafone site?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

You wont be able too. The only phones that can access VF Live is the Nokia 7650, Panasonic GD87 and Sharp GX10. You will need to configure it for normal WAP over GPRS. The basic settings should be posted on a sticky. If you cant find em, they are on loadsa posts in the last few weeks.

By any chance, did you call Vodafone in the last 4 or 5 days about this and where you told that "we cant support this as the handset has not been passed". The person you were speaking too probably mentioned the T100 as well??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

Hi,
    Nope I never rang Vodafone though I did drop them a email a few weeks back askin for the settings and they replied saying "we don't support that phone".
    Why is it that VF and O2 are always way behind the UK for releasing phones and why is it there seems to be a lack of Sony Ericsson and Samsungs in the Irish market?

The Irish market seems to be that with everything.. They are obviously restricting themselves to Nokia as they know they will sell..

Vodafone did test thay specific handset but it failed some of the testing as far as I know. You would be surprised how many fail too, seems to be a very stingent test process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    The only phones that can access VF Live is the Nokia 7650, Panasonic GD87 and Sharp GX10.
    The SE T610 can also access Vodafone Live!
    They are obviously restricting themselves to Nokia as they know they will sell..
    Quite the opposite, actually. Operators want as many varied manufacturers out in the market as possible. Think about it, no operator would want Nokia or Motorola to have a strangle hold on their business.

I stand corrected on the Nokia issue.. Just they tend to stick with the likes of Nokia, Motorola, Siemens and the likes.. Have seen very few Samsung, LG and other growing manufactueres in agent stores.

As for handset that access Live. I know they restrict access to the Live menu depending on what handset you have. The T610 is a Vodafone Live handset in other countries but has not been launched here. I am not sure whether they have permitted this handset to access it yet.. They may have, I have not been lucky enough to play around with the handset, unlike u lot :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

The vodafone live menu is now accessible to the T610 - tried this out recently. However the downloads such as games, ringtones are not supported yet and when you try to access it, a message will indicate that this handset is not supported. I suspect everything will work once the T610 hits the market.

Advertisement