Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Anytime Billing- confusing

Options
  • 31-07-2003 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

I received my IOL Anytime bill today in the post and it's the most confusing bill I have ever seen. It's supposed to be €20 for the 1st three months, which I received having signed up before the end of July. I activated my account on the 21st of July.

My bill shows the following

Total Charges 56.91
    Total discounts recieved -16.53
    Total Charges(ex vat) 40.38
    VAT @ 21% 8.48
    Total charges for this period(incl VAT) 48.86

I rang them up wondering how the feck it was 48.86 for two months and they told that they send bills out to all customers at the same time every month and that the extra charge was for usage in the last billing period. I then asked her when I was being charge from and she said the 16th of July. This is not really on, as I only activated my account on the 21st of July, so I was being charged since the day I registered for the service even though I wasn't using it.

I know it's only a few €'s but if they do this to every customer then there making quite a bit extra for themselves, when I fell that they shouldn't.

Anyone else recieved their bill and been overcharged and confused?

mfield.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

think yourself lucky im being billed my carry over costs fron netsmart plus my 2 monthly rent from anytime

Grand total of

144 yoyos

Sigh

Shin

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

you mean, Esat are sending out messy bills? Never! Sure don't Esat have the best billing system in Ireland, if not the world! Oh, Thank Fcuk for UTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

I upgraded from Surf No Limits to Anytime and I just know that they are going to bill me for both when I get my bill :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Netsmarts bills are confusing. You are not given a breakdown of time you spent surfing and the discount deduction makes little sense.

If you leave Netsmart - Must you give one months motice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Talked to someone at Esat about the confusing bills, and he said it had cost them over 250k to implement it, and they couldn't afford to get a new one. So there ya go. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement