Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bob Dylan for the Point

• 31-07-2003 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

All the old foggies are at it..Now Bob D. is on his way
    No Info on tix yet

AIKEN PROMOTIONS PRESENT
    BOB DYLAN

THE POINT THEATRE
    DOORS 7PM SHOW 8PM
    MON 17-NOV-2003

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭bandy

These tix are already on sale in the local and online ticketbastard sites. E46-49 a pop.

All this despite an on sale announcement date of Thurs 7th August (on their own site). Sounds familiar...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

Ah well... at least this gives me a few days to dig up €50 to buy a ticket (since they're likely to sell out, thankfully it has been quietly announced).

Dylan is also playing the following day at the Green Glens Arena in Cork if anyone is interested. Tickets are €46.50 and, judging by Ticketmaster's track record, are on sale now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Cool, just got my ticket. Last time Dylan was supposed to play Milstreet with Van Morrison and he got a heart attack and didn't make it!! Wonder what the support will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Thanks for that Bandy, picked up tickets from ticketmaster. The last Point gig sold out (about 3 years ago i think) tickets were in large demand the day of the gig. Was a great gig then, so much better than the Nowlan Park travesty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

All seating is now sold out through Ticketmaster, guessing standing will soon follow suit.

And then when tickets officially go on sale on Thursday, Aiken Promotions will be proud to announce that Bon Dylan sold out (the remaining standing tickets) in two minutes!! World record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

When i was buying my tickets there was no seating available, so either it is sold out as you say or they are holding onto the seated tickets for the Thursday.

or they are holding onto the seated tickets for the Thursday.

I'd say thats it because from day one for the Green Glens tickets it says no seating tickets on sale. So they are selling standing first, and then the seated ones on thursday.
    For these oldie concerts the biggest demand seems to be for seated tickets.
    Just wondering too will they have any support. Looking at his setlist i don't think its long enough to justify no support, paul mccartney did no support but then he played for 2 and 3/4 hours, bob won't be doing that.

The Point is sold out now anyway, not sure how fast they went

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭s8n

there could'nt have been that many left to sell

Advertisement