Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Kazaa Lite

Options
  • 31-07-2003 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

I usually leave kazaa lite downloading over night and during the day when im in work. When i come home in the evening, and check my laptop, its practically ground to a standstill. I go to the proceses tab in task manager and kazaa lite is using up anywhere from 250 - 350 mb of ram. Specs of laptop is a P4, 1.8ghz, 512 mb ram. Kazaa lite is downloading and uploading from a 80gb western digital external firewire drive. I've ran spybot and adaware and removed any spyware but it has made no difference. Only solution I have to make laptop useable again in the evenings is to reboot. Anyone any ideas??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

maybe right clicking on the kazaa taskbar icon & closing it and then running a memory cleanup app such as rambooster might help...
    sounds very dodgy tho, kazaa is riddled with viruses, make sure you have a decent antivirus app on autoprotect & new defs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

yeah kazaa is a bit of a memory hogger.
    I had the same prob but that was only when i left it on for hours. Well i suppose one thing u cud do is disable uploads.
    and kazaa lite is not riddles with viruses....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

It is a killer for fragmenting your hard drive with bits of downloads, defrag regularly.
    I find it also helps to File>minimise to system tray.
    Disable sharing helps too if you want to be a big meanie!

Advertisement