Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q2 friendly fire on/off?

Options
  • 03-03-1999 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

Thought this one deserved its own topic in case anyone missed Nog's and Spoon's post to the qakenet thread. So what does everyone think, should we change the servers to teamplay 3 i.e when you hit a team mate you reduce his armor or should make it so you can reduce his health aswell or leave it as is. I think the friendly fire would be good, but the only problem would be if you had a muppet on your team who can't aim straight like Junkie smile.gif.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

Ohh i dunno about health reducing i think that armour would be better.
    Friendlt fire off with all the new players about lately would be annoying to say the least.
    JM

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

NO NO NO!!!
    Otherwise you'll get some ******* shooting you when you 'steal' his Rocket launcher, the 100H he was about to rocket jump to, etc etc.

Theres too many muppets about. Can't trust 'em. I'd probably just shoot them myself.
    Can't be trusted. I killed a man once, yunno?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

LOL yeah I'm sh!te an I can't aim, but tbh I wouldn't like it one bit. I'm always firin at other ppl on my team (well thats tryin to rail them into the lava) and I wouldn't want their minus ones comin over to my score line, does that make sense??? O yeah I like squahin my team mates too and again I don't their minus ones comin over to my score line. Fuk yis!! VOTE NO FOR THE TEAM PLAY 3!!! If u vote yes u will set Q2 back another 5 months in Ireland, and pick up your fookin rubbish after yis ffs.

who do u love.......

Btw I hate bot usin ****$...

juNk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

T3 means you CAN'T kill you're own teammates but you do damage their armor. please try and read at least the first line of a thread before you lose the run of yourself cave smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Why bother with any kind of friendly fire at all? It makes no sense imho - being able to give fire support to your team-mates without fear of wasting them AND the enemy is a good part of team-play.

It's different in Tribes mind you, but that's a different beast altogether..

Teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Oh I dunno Teeth.... you'll always get some pair of tossers who decide to run around shooting each other despite being on the same team.... -_-

What took the biscuit for me the other night was respawing after a sniping expedition on RollerCoaster, hearing chaingun fire in the Inv room, and walking in to find one muppet standing behind the other, having gunned him down as he was kitting up. At that stage, I was ready to take a freaker with the kick command.... :/

Ja na,
    Shin-chan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I hear ya, we seriously need admins on the Tribes server for situations like that (grr grr growl froth froth ign grr growl grr etc. smile.gif ). Tribes without team damage is not half as good.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Ooops, didn't see this post, just getting back to what Junkie said about squashing your team mates. I was the squash master, quite enjoyed looking down seeing one of my team mates going for the bfg only jumping on top of them to great surprise, even more surprising is when you do it to the same person over and over again smile.gif..... oh oh my will power is slowly disappearing ...

[This message has been edited by TinCool (edited 04-03-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

yeah youd know all about that wouldnt yah TC wink.gif...so would I. I was his no.1 victim on q2dm8...funny thing was..i kept on coming up that lift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Ah now Teeth can't you vote for an Admin on the Server? Whoops wrong message board.

Mode 3 would be ****e and pointless, if you wanted team-damage you make it so you can kill your teammates. However noone wants team-damage coz we die enough as it is. Well I do.

Kegs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement