Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat Iolbb billing f-up

Options
  • 31-07-2003 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

Got a bill today for

wait for it

519 euro !

301 euro of this was for broadband for one month it seems they charged me 2 times for installing 1 for 79 euro and one for 115 euro Then i got charged 2 times for monthly billing 1 for 81 euro and one for 29 euro WTF

You know even for the max charge broadband should have cost me 150 or so euro for the 2 months bill

Not only this but they ****ed up last months bill as well they clam i didnt pay even though my credit card company say they took the 128 euro ..............

Any advice (that doesnt invole me paying 519 euro):(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by bizmark

Any advice (that doesnt invole me paying 519 euro):(

Have you tried calling customer care? They're there till 9...
    I'm sure if there's a problem it'll be as obvious to them as it is to you and they'll sort it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Really i though they closed at 6

Thanks for the advice Ethos ill give them a call tomorrow morning as im not in the best of mood,s tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Bear in mind that the bill will include time online to date and also the advance payment for the forthcoming billing period - hence the €29 and the €81 items (I think).

I got a similar surprise on my first Eircom dsl bill.

what do u mean time on line ?

they can pritty much sing for 301 euro ......I can uderstand 170 for installing + 2 month billing .........But 301 isnt going to happen

also their mess up of last months bill is worrying thankfuly i have the credit card company on my side for that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

what do u mean time on line ?

they can pritty much sing for 301 euro ......I can uderstand 170 for installing + 2 month billing .........But 301 isnt going to happen

also their mess up of last months bill is worrying thankfuly i have the credit card company on my side for that

What product did you sign up for?...why is it sooo high?
    I bought the self install option and choose to buy the modem.
    That was €150, and then the first two monthly payement in advance is roughly €100.

So my bill appears to be bang on, shing...now i'm gonna query MY bill tomorrow.

:confused:

• Advertisement

I went for the iolbb self install without buying the modem thats 90 euro,s .............Add on 100 or their abouts for 2 months that 190 ......Thats 110 euro less that their chargeing

also as i said they messed up last months bill so take off 128 euro more that = 238 euro over chargeing

so basicly i should of been charged 280 euro not 518

I went for the iolbb self install without buying the modem thats 90 euro,s .............Add on 100 or their abouts for 2 months that 190 ......Thats 110 euro less that their chargeing

also as i said they messed up last months bill so take off 128 euro more that = 238 euro over chargeing

so basicly i should of been charged 280 euro not 518

Did you know...if you have not got sufficient funds to cover a direct debit or credit card transaction, that Esat charge you €20 penalty...did you also know that your bank or credit card company will also charge you an additonal €10 for this same issue.

eh why is that relavent to my current problum

eh why is that relavent to my current problum

I was thinking, maybe, you defaulted on a previous payements?....and perhaps penalties were incurred?

Just a thought.

As i said on the first post ...The credit card company told me they took the money

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

Thats pretty ****ed Biz. I'll be looking out for that when my bill arrives...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Hrmm..
    Ive signed up for the business package which is all going very smoothly and should be installed in the next 2 weeks and this is what my billing will come to for the first quarterly..

I have to pay 125 installation then 3 months at 90 euro excluding vat so it comes to about 430 quid for the installation and 3 quarterly payments, money is in my debit account just wating for them to take it out at the monent .

is there ne chance that maybe you have to pay quaterly as well , well even at that your bill looks ****ed , maybe they think you have signed up to the 1m/256k one :) lol at that price you might as well have ,

Ne way id get onto them.thank fully the woman who is my accounts manager for my area is extremly helpful and has rang me on numerous occasions to see if everything was in order, she told me about the contention without me even asking and also about the 8 meg backhaul and said basically with the contention rate + 8 megt back haul im nearly 90% guaranteed the full 512 which is true if you do the maths , + there aint that many people actually about 2 or 3 I think who also get this service on my xchange.Ne way she is ****ing dead sound.

Im thinking you should call them up and sort this .

Richard *cough* spam

massive attack - teardrops-mp3

3 months :eek:

i should of stayed with 56k

i dont know if i can afford this just now its either keep broadband or get a new pc ...................I bleave the pc will win out

280 euro = fine
    518 euro = no f-ing hope (unless i can pay for it over 2 or so months)

hrmm I could be wrong , but the way the business is workign out is quarterly and the installation fee rises it the first time

See after this quarterly bill it works out at about 25 quid a week saving to pay the 3month bill , which aint much when you earn a hell of alot more and drink the rest being a student :)

i hope u are wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Your not on a business product Biz so could very well be different.

I wasnt aware that they charged you 3 months in advance on the Esat Business product. Must mail 'my guy' and confirm.
    /me looks longingly at money in bank which was going to be used for holiday spending which may now have to be left behind to pay.
    (altho €400 isnt all that much considering i wont have to pay again for 3 months :p )

The Esat Busines people are very friendly and knowledgeable.

well i got the bill down to 300 euro

that price is pritty spot on for installing and 2 month line rental

hrmm yes it is they charge you 3 months in advance and also for the installation on the first payment which is taken out of your bank via direct debit , straight after the installation ,

See its all nice , hrmm are you sure thats rite at 300 euro

I mean installation = 90 quid + 2 months should come to 100 which means it should only come to 190 quid ?

hrmm vat included or did you have to pay for a previous month ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

it should be only €190 inc vat for installation and 2 months. They are ripping you off!!

I don't know where you are getting 300 from.

2 months rental = €100
    installation = €90
    €190 inc VAT

Their,s wondful things called telephones as well lads :D

and dont forget vat on it all of 21%

• Advertisement

yeah but your saying 300 for IOLBB.

IOLBB should be 190 inc VAT. What is the other 110 for??

Originally posted by sReq | uTeK
    Hrmm..

Richard *cough* spam

massive attack - teardrops-mp3

Cheeky pup...no spamming here.

Originally posted by Richard Dower
    Cheeky pup...no spamming here.

That is what you are doing. You'll get this thread closed aswell and probably get a ban. Now you've already been warned by the Mods, don't temp fate.

Originally posted by clownboy
    That is what you are doing. You'll get this thread closed aswell and probably get a ban. Now you've already been warned by the Mods, don't temp fate.

I am replying to people's response to my posts, and i never received any warning from the modeators.

It was other people whom were insulting me, not the other way around...and i asked the moderator to lock the thread.
    Which he did...he didn't say anything directly to me but said in general terms people should watch themselves.

And that also applies to you, your response above could also be considered spam and flame bait.

Originally posted by Richard Dower
    And that also applies to you, your response above could also be considered spam and flame bait.

Richard,

I don't want to get involved in your little patheic universe. You look close minded from your posts. You could've let things past but you kept at it.

And that banning was aimed at you. I have also noticed that you post crap to get your post count up. Very sad indeed.

Good Bye

Originally posted by clownboy
    Richard,

I don't want to get involved in your little patheic universe. You close minded from your posts. You could've let things past but you keep at it.

That could be turned around on you, you reply to me and i do the same. You are entitled to reply to my posts and vice versa.

And that banning was aimed at you. I have also noticed that you post crap to get your post count up. Very sad indeed.

Good Bye

It was not aimed at me, read what the moderator said...he said that to everyone, otherwise i would have received a formal warning in email. And again...i was the one who got insulted for expressing my opinions on a topic i feel strongly about.

As for this post count stuff, lol...what utter nonsense. If that were the case i would be spamming every other forum here, notice i have only posted messages to this boadband forum?

So if i was a spammer or psycho tryna ruin the boards i would be all over the place, i am not as the broadband service in Ireland is what i am interested in discussing.

So your last point is mute and downright silly.

Richard stop ****ing quoting whole ****ing posts off of other people it is extremly annoying and takes longer on people like me who have a 56k and are not as l33t as you to ****ing dl the page..

now stop acting like a ****ing moron (though the jourey is still out on that one ) and ****ing listen to what 90 % of people are telling you

Originally posted by sReq | uTeK
    Richard stop ****ing quoting whole ****ing posts off of other people it is extremly annoying and takes longer on people like me who have a 56k and are not as l33t as you to ****ing dl the page..

now stop acting like a ****ing moron (though the jourey is still out on that one ) and ****ing listen to what 90 % of people are telling you

It's proper netiquette to quote the person whom you are responding. How are people supposed to know what i am responding to unless i quote the person to whom i am responding to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Say his name Genius

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Stormfox1020
    Say his name Genius

It's more logical to simply quote the person, certains people here are being very bitter and picky right out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement