Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband mod

Options
  • 31-07-2003 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

Hi lad,s :)

With cheif off to garda college we have no mod in broadband (well we have one but he doesnt seem to be able to get on much).

I bleave Cheif left a message in the mod Forum asking for either myself or Dustaz to be made mod ?.It really doesnt matter who get,s mod status as long as their ative because at the moment the broadband forum is getting over run with pointless post.s.

Could you give us broadbander,s a answer pritty soon as we have been modless for around 3 week,s now :)

Thanks
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Learn to type first please.
    k, thanks.

No really, all your posts are bugger annoying to read.

What happened to Coyote then, does it really need 2 mods?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Coyote is around a fair bit isn't he? maybe he just doesn't post much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

What happened to Coyote then, does it really need 2 mods?

Well cheif bleaved that the broadband forum need,s two mod,s.And coyote locked a topic last night so maybe he,s back now.

No really, all your posts are bugger annoying to read.

That,s fine but how do YOU find them annoying maybe you should tell me and not flame me just a though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I'd say it's the use of commas in the place of apostrophes in every post...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by bizmark
    Well cheif bleaved that the broadband forum need,s two mod,s.And coyote locked a topic last night so maybe he,s back now.

That,s fine but how do YOU find them annoying maybe you should tell me and not flame me just a though:D

Do I really have to explain....?
    Really?

I've noticed that you are spelling believe wrong in all your posts, just a thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Condoning poor spelling and punctuation is as heinous a crime as making fun of Paddy20's punctuation smotherings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

always afraid of people who ask to moderate certain forums. Coyote i'm sure can handle the job, and if not he can ask for help himself. I doubt dustaz would take the job, if offered.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by Gordon
    Condoning poor spelling and punctuation is as heinous a crime as making fun of Paddy20's punctuation smotherings.
    NO* its "not".

I felt it incumbent upon me. So to speak.

always afraid of people who ask to moderate certain forums

1.I was passing on what Cheif told me in reguards to me/Dustaz being mod i couldnt careless (and thats the honest truth).If coyote is going to be around more offen leave it as 1 mod

2.Also i really dont care about misspelt words or where a comma goes deal with it :rolleyes: you may all be gods of writen english im not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Beck Amerdam

Well I always run my long posts through icq spellchecker and that seems to get the job done. It doesn't add content though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ahahahaa your account has been explained to me now Beck! (not the fact that you use spellchecker incidentally)

To remain on topic (Gordon strains for something on topic to say)... nggg....

"Is" there *any [muppetry] on the Broad..?band forum!

Is there any muppetry on the Broadand forum?

Well their's are a lot of pointless post's or post's about the samething.And yes their can be a bit of flameing every now and again or spaming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

sorry biz, but who are you to place conditons on any moderator, i don't see a set requirement for number of hours one would have to put in. As for flaming, i post there abite, and i haven't seen any

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by Gordon
    "Is" there *any [muppetry] on the Broad..?band forum!
    Been a fair bit latley imo.

I put my name forward before, would still be interested if there was a vacancy.

Regardless of who it is, I'd say there's a need for someone else if the lads are that busy. That board is really starting to turn into a spam/flame fest.

look boston

1.This is what cheif sent me
    I have recommended you for Broadband moderator. Im leaving to go to GardaCollege. This is the post I made on the mod forum

I have been offered a civil service job lets just say in Law
    Enforcement which involves me moving away from home for 2 years. As of which I will be afk mon-fri. I will not be able to mod the Broadband forum during those times.

As for my successors I would recommend (as if he hasnt enough to do) Dustaz or if not Bizmark. Im not sure how active Coyote is but I think two are definitely needed for the Broadband forum.

Ok that's what i was sent i didnt come here looking for a mod job (i wouldnt say no but its hardly the end of my life) I came here because that Pm from cheif was sent around 3 week's ago and their was no mod around AT ALL the place was and still is turning into a spam/flame ground

As for me not setting rules about how long coyote should be on your compleatly right but yet again i was just pointing out he isnt around

Whats with the trial by fire lad's ?

Well if you're going to be made mod may I suggest you do something to stop the constant repetition of topics like Netsource's speed, download caps etc by maybe having a thread for each isp and different threads for stuff like cap questions etc. I know this will probably lead to a lot of sticky threads and maybe some giant threads but with proper moderation this could be carefully controlled with a few good in-depth FAQs and guides to common questions like the best modems and routers. Try and keep the spam and flames under control too.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally posted by Beck Amerdam
    Well if you're going to be made mod may I suggest you do something to stop the constant repetition of topics like Netsource's speed, download caps etc by maybe having a thread for each isp and different threads for stuff like cap questions etc.

If you checked the stickies at the top of the broadband forum you'd see that stuff us already there.

Aye but it needs to be cleaned up a bit and theres nothing addressing the best routers/modems etc.
    Oh and I think bizmark is a fine choice for mod too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Bizmark is mod of broadband on Chiefs recommendation..

awaiting for a reply from Dustaz...

VEx.

Ok

thanks

• Advertisement

hey would a mod tell me what the link "mupchk" is ?

im half afaird to press it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

ahhhhh thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Kinda reminds me of the episode of the Simpsons when they build the monorail in Springfield and Homer goes to conductor school...

Otto: "Who gets to be the conductor?!"
    Langley waves in the general direction of Homer
    Homer: "Me?!"
    Langley: "Yea sure whatever"

"Otto: "Who gets to be the conductor?!"
    Langley waves in the general direction of Homer
    Homer: "Me?!"
    Langley: "Yea sure whatever"

Ya but Homer saved the train :D so it was the right pick in the end:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

Hey guys sorry did not check this board too much
    I'm about and read all the posts on broadband
    i'm just set to inviable so you don't see when i'm on the board
    + i'm just not a hugh poster (dam dyslexia)
    any way bizmark a good pick as a mod with Chief away
    and it needs more than 1 mod keeping a eye on it.

Coyote

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement