Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardware question

Options
  • 05-03-1999 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

what is the difference in the following?
    Intel® Celeron(TM) 333 MHz 128k
    Intel® Celeron(TM) PPGA 333A
    which would i be better off buying?
    and would both of them be compatible with
    Abit PII BH6 BX Chipset Jumperless ATX
    and can it be overclocked no problem.
    ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

Both are medocino celerons, with the 128 k cache running at the processor speed , so as far as i can tell theres no difference ,
    as for the board it kicks ass, 3 isa and 5 pci & 1 agp slots, it is one of the best boards for clocking, in fact im gettin a dual 1 of them in 2 weeks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

The first celeron is just is a 333a which means it has cache as u pointed out but the second is a Socket 360 Celeron which wont work in u'r Abit board unless u get the adapter card that will go into the SLOT 1 socket "Think these cards only work on the ABit BH6 and BX6-2 but I might be wrong" If u'r getting this for overclocking u'r better off with the Celeron 300a as its most likely to reach 450MHz cause its locked at 4.5x so changing the FSB to 100MHz will give u 450 but the 333a is clock locked at 5x and u'r not going to get 500MHz out of it cause its basically a 300a overclocked already smile.gif But to answer u'r question they both should work as long as u can get the adapter card for the ppga chip.

SB...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

get the ordinary one(non-ppga) cos then you will be able to use it on a BX motherboard, without having to buy a converter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭tarzan

thanks lads

Advertisement