Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trusted quake player's opinion on hardware

Options
  • 31-07-2003 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

lads - i need to get a run of the mill graphics card (just an ould tnt2 or something) and a new high capacity highly reliable hardrive. where's the best place to order these online? any suggestions on what the best HD to get would also be appreciated.

i know one of you had some racket going about a year ago with good hardware to order. still going?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I second Komplett. Delivery can be painful, but the prices are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Komplett, who have their very own board here, are a pleasure to deal with. DHL (their courier of choice) is a different story, however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Carbiens

i put 1500 away for a pc without a monitor, went to komplett and came out with a digital camera too coz of the money i saved!:cool:

komplett rocks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

They usually have a class hard drive in their special offers so you could wait for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

give www.overclockers.co.uk a try too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Get yourself a Western Digital WD1200 special edition 8meg cache 7200rpm UDMA100 hard drive.

I have two.
    Last time I checked they were €114.

Re: gfx card, get a GeForce FX 5200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

ebay(only by from eshops on ebay ie over 100 postive feedback) and ebuyer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

FX 5200 = Stinking Dog ****.
    Jesus a MX440 nearly outperforms it.

Advertisement